Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • X Box steering wheels
  • Got an X Box & Kinect for the family for Christmas and Forza 3 for me 😉

Whilst the game is fantastic, I’m not. I fancy a wheel, rather than a joystick & buttons – does anyone have one, does it make it easier and which ones are good?

Ta.

Olly
    Free Member

I will be watching too, as ive had Forza for ages now (which does indeed rock) but still cant get around a corner without it becoming a 20p piece with the thumb sticks.

molgrips
    Free Member

I once used a PS1 steering wheel and it made very hard driving games easy. However I got one for PS2 thinking it’d be ace and it wasn’t. It was next to impossible to get into a usable comfortable position on my sofa, so I gave up.

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

I have the official Microsoft one and think it’s really good but takes a while to get the calibration exactly how you want it. My one has a curved edges to the base which rap around your legs perfectly making it very stable when used on your lap so you don’t need to clamp it to a solid structure. The wheel itself is nice and solid with a good grip with good resistance, this makes it stand out from the rest IMO.

Does it make it easier?, I think so but I’ve always used them and personally find them more compliant that a joy pad. It will take a few hours to get used to it but stick with it as it’s worth it.

Clicky of mine

molgrips
    Free Member

Where d’you put the pedals? I think it’d work if you have the right sofa.

Kato

My official xbox one was broken straight out of the box. The replacement was knackered too and sat cocked to one side. Sold it in the end

Think they’re discontinued now

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

The pedals of mine sit on the floor. There are holes in the base where your heels go which stops it from sliding.

legend
    Free Member

I have the official Microsoft one and think it’s really good but takes a while to get the calibration exactly how you want it. My one has a curved edges to the base which rap around your legs perfectly making it very stable when used on your lap so you don’t need to clamp it to a solid structure. The wheel itself is nice and solid with a good grip with good resistance, this makes it stand out from the rest IMO.

Does it make it easier?, I think so but I’ve always used them and personally find them more compliant that a joy pad. It will take a few hours to get used to it but stick with it as it’s worth it.

Ditto that entire post!

A wheel that needs clamped to something simply wouldn’t work for me (without some serious DIY) although it is even better for control – the MS does the job for me

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Think they’re discontinued now

I think you might be right although there are a few on ebay.

Just seen one with an hour to go with current bid at £90. Bought mine for £60. 😯

Kato

Check out Argos, I found my last one in there for £60 and they sell 2nd hand on eBay for over a ton

Rosss
    Free Member

Ive got the offical xbox one and its fantastic i use it for forza and its brilliant its been great on f1 too. I was terrible at forza before but with the wheel ive shot up the leaderboards it makes it so much easier. They’re diirt cheap on ebay too

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘X Box steering wheels’ is closed to new replies.