Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 161 total)
  • Royal Mail holding a country to ransom?!
  • konabunny
    Free Member

Ever heard of post offices they only offer royalmail or parcelforce, how can that not be a monopoly

You’re still talking complete pish. The market isn’t “delivery services I can buy inside a post office”, it’s “delivery services”. You can sod off and send your item other than through Parcelforce/Royal Mail. There is no monopoly.

Similarly, Starbucks only sells Starbucks coffee. That doesn’t mean that Starbucks has a monopoly on coffee in the UK.

Northwind

kaesae – Member

Ever heard of post offices they only offer royalmail or parcelforce, how can that not be a monopoly

What a brilliant bit of illogic. I went to the Nike shop and they only sell Nikes. That’s disgusting that they have a monopoly like that.

<edit- Oh bugger, someone else has already said basically the same thing. Sod it, I don’t care. Worth saying twice>

kaesae
    Free Member

Usual bollocks from the bollock chops, the royalmail have a monopoly on the smaller packets and standard mail in this country due to the post offices.

It is a monopoly as no other company can compete for it, if nike or any other company offered as poor a service as the royalmail no one would buy from them, you would have a choice to go elsewhere, with the royalmail you have no other choice, so it is therefore a monopoly.

As for your arguments they are shite! not surprising considering what currently fills your heads 😀

To everyone with a brain that is not full of S H 1 T E, when I went to collect the packet from the rip off royalmail there was a piece of paper that said todays numbers, this consisted of a list of collected items.

There were between 75 to 100 items on the list that had been collected, most were first class recorded as well as special delivery standard parcels etc, this appears to be a system royalmail are using, next time you are forced to collect something from these scum bags have a look at the list for yourselves.

The royalmail are lying, stealing, cheating scum and should not be tolerated, they simply must go they have left us no other option!

seven
    Free Member

Ultimately we get what we pay for in this world.

What they provide and what we are prepared pay for are out of alignment.

We are paying for a mondeo and expecting a porche.

We either pay more or cull all the bits that we aren’t prepared to pay for like subsidised mail to remote areas, daily deliveries to the whole country, local post offices etc.

(sorry if that has already been covered but can’t be arsed to read through 3 pages of the same arguments)

Spud

Our regular postie is good and their colleagues we have had when she’s not around are better. Even our local Parcel Force chap is very good, always leaves stuff with a neighbour where he can or the local PO. The miserable sods at the desk at the sorting office however, they do need a rocket. I’m not after enthused etc, just a smile with attentive service.

Jamie
    Free Member

Usual bollocks from the bollock chops

…and a Merry Christmas to you, Sir!

konabunny
    Free Member

the royalmail have a monopoly on the smaller packets and standard mail in this country due to the post offices.

It is a monopoly as no other company can compete for it
    I suspect the honourable gentleman is:

a) confusing the old 25% of market rule which was formerly used to flag a market participant of possible interest to the MMC and EU Competition Commission with the definition of a monopoly, or

b) being wilfully blind to the very obvious fact that Royal Mail hasn’t had a monopoly on letter and packet delivery for donkey’s years (see sources above or your everyday life), or

c) doesn’t actually know what a monopoly is.

sadmadalan

The PO do NOT have a monopoly on parcels in the UK. From my home office today I have seen DHL, CityLink and UPS all delivering, as well as the PO. The problem is that they are more expensive than the PO. The PO are the cheapest and deliver for a flat fee anywhere in the UK – as such most parcels are sent via the PO. If you don’t like it – pick another deliver service. You don’t have to use the PO.

Party of the problem is that there is so little profit to be made. The delivery companies have to deliver a profit, the PO is a publicly owned body that is not required to make a profit.

Like many on this thread I have had to drive miles collect parcels from other delivery companies compared to my local PO office. The PO may not be perfect but the others are not significantly better either.

thomthumb
    Free Member

the royalmail have a monopoly on the smaller packets and standard mail in this country

no

due to the post offices.

no idea what this means.

http://www.parcel2go.com/

enter an a4 size packet in here (a letter if you will) £8.50 for 24hr £5.50 for 48hr.

I’d say that royal mail are doing pretty well to deliver for 75p & 58p (first/ second; large letter)

clearly not a monopoly

kaesae
    Free Member

OK so the royalmail rock! because you lot say so.

Just so we can be sure you know what you’re talking about, how many small packets or letters do each of you that are advocating the royalmails awsumeness post each year and how many do you recieve ❓

thomthumb
    Free Member

post each year

how many do you recieve

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

the royalmail have a monopoly on the smaller packets and standard mail in this country due to the post offices.

how come the SD card (very small package) I ordered was delivered by ICS then?
    somebody appears to be spouting

Usual bollocks from the bollock chops

breatheeasy
    Free Member

The van driver who delivers the bigger packets is great round ours. Due to the (cough, small number of – if the missus reads this) bike bits that get delivered to the house I know him fairly well. I was sitting in the doctors once when he delivered some stuff there. One minute later he popped back in with a parcel for me out of the van.

The normal postie has also flagged me down when I was riding the bike back home through the estate to give me a parcel as I was obviously out when he tried to deliver it.

kaesae
    Free Member

Yeah I get on with my posties.

Got some lights delivered earlier that were flashing away in the packaging, quite funny!

But that doesn’t change the fact that the policies they’re implementing are in breach of their terms and conditions!

Still they have a monopoly on the Domestic postal service 😀

Northwind

kaesae – Member

There were between 75 to 100 items on the list that had been collected, most were first class recorded as well as special delivery standard parcels etc, this appears to be a system royalmail are using, next time you are forced to collect something from these scum bags have a look at the list for yourselves.

Are you quite mental? They deliver incredibly s***-tonnes of stuff, so 100 or so undeliverable items per collection office is bugger all. There’s always a queue for collections at the local DHL office even theough they handle a fraction as much traffic.

Postman-Pat
    Free Member

Kaesae, I am quite offended by your post. If you have a problem with your delivery, you need to speak to your local delivery office instead of coming on here tarnishing every RM employee with the same brush.

As far as the delivery list goes, no idea what you are talking about, we do not use lists like that, and i can’t see the point you are trying to make.

kaesae
    Free Member

The point is simple, when people come to collect thier items that you refuse to deliver, you keep a note of collections yes?

As for discussing these problems with my local sorting office, I already tried that, they simply pass the buck, as for discussing them with customer services, already tried that, they pass the buck back.

For too long the royalmail has held this country to ransom, they refuse to do thier jobs, they refuse to modernise and put simply the only solution to the problem is for them to go!

350 years of history and heritage will soon be gone, because you are giving us no choice!

argoose
    Free Member

as a postie got to say that the majority of the people i work with try their best, at this time of year you can imagine it is very busy.
    as for not redelivering an item i know that when mail volumes are high we would rather get an attempted delivery on every item rather than re-delivering items. you can have item put for collection in a local post office for a small fee.
    we have heard that they are working out a way of having a locker drop system, where items are delivered to a 24 hour location i.e. supermarket, where the customer can collect whenever.
    finally as in all occupations you will get the odd bad apple.
    if you want to complain, don’t phone, put it in writting 😀

Postman-Pat
    Free Member

Don’t know where you get the “refuse to deliver” from, if your not in, it gets taken back to the office, you can request it to be redelivered for free, by simply phoning or using the website, you don’t even need to leave the house.

it is clear no matter what anyone say’s, you have made your mind up.

davedodd
    Free Member

Kaesae,
    Just in case you’re interested, which I presume you’re not, it’s clear that you don’t have a clue what you’re on about. Now go back under your bridge. 🙄

konabunny
    Free Member

OK so the royalmail rock! because you lot say so.

I’m not saying the Royal Mail rocks. I’m pointing out the total falsehoods in your argument.

Jamie
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKUDTPbDhnA[/video]

kaesae
    Free Member

Falsehood of my argument ❓

Jamie
    Free Member

Oh, I am not addressing (hoho) you directly, Kaesae. As you clearly have a fixed position on this and I doubt anyone could change your mind. This is just a video that got uploaded to Youtube on Tuesday.

In the purposes of fairness:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ESU_PcqI38[/video]

kaesae
    Free Member

Yes I have made my mind up! dealing with the royalmail day in and day out has definately proven they are a liabilty to my company not an asset.

As for them not having a monopoly, I don’t want to use them anymore, where is my similar alternative service ❓

As for you can’t buy asda stuff from sainsbury’s 😯 you can’t buy adidas from a nike store 😯 you can choose to go elsewhere, royalmail refuse to adhere to thier terms and condition but still we must suffer them. Hence the title holding a country to ransom!

The bottom line is every year the royalmail cost me a good amount of time, the sorry we missed you card bullshit when I was in costs me about 30 hours as for trying to track down items I post and they either lose or don’t bother leaving a card 50 to 60 hours.

I would rather have that time for myself and as for the money, I would rather have that as well. They cost a great many people time and extra hardship and they are costing us as a nation millions of pounds.

Yes I know all of those contributing to this thread use the royalmail day in day out and understand this situation much more than I do 😀

That or they are experts at talking shit and convincing fools to pitch in.

kaesae
    Free Member

OK Jamie hohoho.

So a parcel getting thrown in the US directly relates to the royalmails belligerent incompetence that is costing the people of this country a fortune because ❓

tomaso
    Free Member

I use the Royal Mail plenty for buying and selling stuff and they’ve been faultless.

I was blown away with the service this week with a really quick next day delivery in the week before Christmas.

I live 2 minutres from the Royal Mail depot and its easy to pick stuff up. Other couriers ask me to travel from Lancaster to the local collection depot in Preston.

yunki
    Free Member

I use the Royal Mail plenty for buying and selling stuff and they’ve been faultless.

same here

have you started drinking again kasae…?

joao3v16
    Free Member

Hold on.

Has anybody explained yet what the RM are demanding from us as a ransom payment?

Are they the public face of a dastardly world-domination operation masterminded by a Bond-style super-villain hiding out in a hollowed-out volcano?

Jamie
    Free Member

Has anybody explained yet what the RM are demanding from us as a ransom payment?

Apparently they tried to deliver the ransom note to Kaesae, but he wasn’t in so they left a card.

kaesae
    Free Member

I give you google!

Royalmail suck
    http://www.google.co.uk/#sclient=psy-ab&hl=en&source=hp&q=royalmail+suck&pbx=1&oq=royalmail+suck&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=1756l6755l0l7175l14l9l0l5l5l0l256l1602l0.6.3l14l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&fp=af889145c41a6ec4&biw=884&bih=486

Royalmail useless
    http://www.google.co.uk/#sclient=psy-ab&hl=en&source=hp&q=royalmail+useless&pbx=1&oq=royalmail+useless&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=1l4577l2l4979l8l8l0l0l0l0l208l1164l0.7.1l8l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&fp=af889145c41a6ec4&biw=1920&bih=944

Royalmail thieving
    http://www.google.co.uk/#sclient=psy-ab&hl=en&source=hp&q=royalmail+thieving&pbx=1&oq=royalmail+thieving&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=1l1484l4l2366l9l8l0l0l0l0l229l1306l0.7.1l8l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&fp=af889145c41a6ec4&biw=1920&bih=944

Royalmail lying

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1076341/Royal-Mail-told-lies-public-scrapped-morning-postal-delivery-cost-cutting.html
    http://www.google.co.uk/#sclient=psy-ab&hl=en&source=hp&q=royalmail+lying&pbx=1&oq=royalmail+lying&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=0l1287l6l1760l6l5l0l0l0l0l158l715l0.5l5l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&fp=af889145c41a6ec4&biw=1920&bih=944

Royalmail nightmare
    http://www.google.co.uk/#sclient=psy-ab&hl=en&source=hp&q=royalmail+nightmare&pbx=1&oq=royalmail+nightmare&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=1l1877l10l2114l10l10l0l0l0l0l267l1771l0.4.5l9l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&fp=af889145c41a6ec4&biw=1920&bih=944

number of complaints against royalmail in 2010
    http://www.google.co.uk/#pq=royalmail+award+for+excellent+service&hl=en&cp=46&gs_id=h1&xhr=t&q=number+of+complaints+against+royalmail+in+2010&pf=p&sclient=psy-ab&source=hp&pbx=1&oq=number+of+complaints+against+royalmail+in+2010&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_sm=&gs_upl=&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&fp=af889145c41a6ec4&biw=1920&bih=944

😀

yunki
    Free Member

kasae.. most of those google thingies seem to be from december 2010.. when most of the country was closed due to snow..

probably most of the complaints were from you anyway I’m guessing..

what happened..? you’ve been so sane all year

joao3v16
    Free Member

I give you google!

used ‘correctly’ you can use Go-ogle searches to ‘prove’ absolutely anything …

muddyman
    Free Member

they should manage a profit without constant cut backs though , herpies or is that hermes im never sure ,will deliver small items for just over £3 that they collect from your door and that includes a tracking no ! the RM go to every house every day (give or take) and yet i have to go to a post office and share a set of scales !! did them in charge start out with roiver or british layland maybe ???

kaesae
    Free Member

The royalmail spend more on compensation each year, than they do on developing thier business, true or false ❓

davedodd
    Free Member

Yawn.

Jamie
    Free Member

The royalmail spend more on compensation each year, than they do on developing thier business, true or false

I am going to have to go with c) banana.

Northwind

kaesae – Member

The royalmail spend more on compensation each year, than they do on developing thier business, true or false

But they have a total monopoly and nobody else is allowed to deliver mail in the UK!1oNES. So why develop their business?

thegreatape
    Free Member

royal mail…are a liability to my company

Not the only one, I fear.

Monopolies aren’t really allowed. What you ought to do is contact one of the numerous competition commissions, eg. the Competition Commission, and report the Royal Mail.

tomaso
    Free Member

gonetothehills posted me a jacket bought off the forum yesterday and it turned up today. Cheers to the Royal Mail for a first class service :mrgreen:

However, we all live by experience and when you have bad experiences they do colour your judgement. The only option of protest against companies is to take your business elsewhere. Although lots of slagging off posts on the interwebs can help damage the companies reputation and can give some small satisfaction to the aggrieved.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 161 total)

The topic ‘Royal Mail holding a country to ransom?!’ is closed to new replies.