Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • WTD: Cove Hummer Review
  • pebble
    Free Member

Not the most recent version in What Mountain Bike but for the old Litespeed frame that was featured in MBUK late last year .

Need persuading if it is worth the money or go with the new version?

Is it really worth 3 times the price of a quality steel frame and waht is the story with the chain suck on the old frames?

Also, how much is a brand new Litespeed made 2009 18" Cove Hummer frame worth now the new version is out?

Any opinions appreciated

qwerty
    Free Member

a friend of a friend went to a demo day and asked about the history of the chainsuck and cracking them, they kinda admitted it but said all resolved by new model, he then took his old version back to dealer with its chainsuck which had cut through chainstay and a crack in it and they are replacing it with the new model

qwerty
    Free Member

bobster
    Free Member

The new one is better (Subjective? Sure, and I've only ridden my new one once so far, but it is better for me).

Can't comment on the chainsuck yet on the new one obviously, but it was very bad on the old one.

Personally I prefer the look of the new one too.

Is either worth the money? Only you can decide that, I rode a Genesis Altitude as well and really liked it, but (Again for me) the Hummer is better. Is it 'worth' the extra? That's a personal decision – I say yes.

Are you certain you need an 18"? If you can get away with a 17" I may be able to point you in the right direction for an 'as new' from a shop if you are prepared to wait until Nov/Dec?

bobster
    Free Member

Oh, and take a look here for some words on it from another happy customer:
    Hummer Review

bigsi
    Free Member

As he's looking at last years model i think you've left something out Bobster. You know last years one, the one with the down tube gusset 😉

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘WTD: Cove Hummer Review’ is closed to new replies.