• This topic has 57 replies, 26 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by P20.
Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • wtb Nano's at Planet X
  • mattsccm
    Free Member

My two pairs arrived today from a Friday order. Missed the 20 quid offer by a few hours so rang and asked if they would extend it for me. They did.

P20

They fit my Planet X Full Monty. I’m running tubes and trying to get them straight isn’t easy

LittleNose
    Free Member

Re-taped the rims, and changed the milk to ‘stans’, and both wheels are inflated 🙂

mattsccm
    Free Member

To bloody big for my Pickenflick. Any body want them for my costs?

scotroutes

drlex has just posted on a thread of mine saying he wishes he’d bought some.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Ta

P20

Anyone had problems getting these to sit square on the rims? Tried fairy liquid and high pressures to try and pull them straight but they’re still not sitting right

Vortexracing

To bloody big for my Pickenflick. Any body want them for my costs?

may do, how much?

mattsccm
    Free Member

I can say that they pop onto Pacenti CL25’s beautifully. Up with a track pump and stay up without sealant although they do bleed a bit of puff over a week like that.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Well a pair went into a mates Caad x . Anyone fitted them to a London Road?

P20

Turns out they don’t fit my Planet X Full Monty 🙁 The rear tyre hits the front mech when it’s in the big ring. I’m keeping it on the front though

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Turns out they don’t fit my Planet X Full Monty The rear tyre hits the front mech when it’s in the big ring. I’m keeping it on the front though

Interesting, I’m prevaricating over an XLA, if it took nano’s I’d think it was ideal. Seem’s odd that they’d design two aluminium bikes at the same time, for similar uses, and not use the same fork and seatstays, but apparently they won’t fit an XLA.

mattsccm
    Free Member

And that’s answered my next question . An XLA was on my hit list.
    So what else do they not fit that might be tempting?

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

^^^ GT Grade.

This is one of my frustrations with the current adventure bike market, they tease us with making proper hydraulic brakes more commonplace than those hybrids and pure cable discs, but many still have frame and fork designs that won’t take more than an average 700x35c tyre.

They would fit an Arkose X, as would 40mm Panaracer Gravelking SKs that come in at ~43mm.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

And that’s answered my next question . An XLA was on my hit list.

They fit the Full Monty in 1×11 guise, which is why I was surprised they don’t fit the XLA.

sq225917
    Free Member

P20, the nano’s are snug on the Ful Monty but entirely doable. If you ride it like a mountain bike and rail the crap out of turns you might rub a chainstay, but in normal use, they’re fine.

P20

Ive had problems getting them to sit square, but it hit s then cable stop when in the big ring (50t)

P20

the chain stays are 5mm longer on the FM compared to the XLA

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘wtb Nano's at Planet X’ is closed to new replies.