Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • WOW – Nice Road Frame (well looks anyway)
  • njee20
    Free Member

Well, this is my KR810, I think it just needs some white bottle cages to balance it.

And some new tyres, or a bucket attached to the seatpost, to stop the inevitable flow of vomit from splattering the frame… 😉

This is mine with it's winter wheels on.

You use some weighty carbon deeps in winter? I'd sooner have some lighter Ksyrium Elites or sommat!

oldgit
    Free Member

Steels do look nice, but very samey TBH the steels on here just look like the Holdsworths, Vikings etc I grew up with. I think the Colnago Master still cuts it though.
    I have a old Azzuri blue Gios, total S H one T compared to my modern stuff, looks nice though.

MrSmith
    Free Member

Steels do look nice, but very samey TBH the steels on here just look like the Holdsworths, Vikings etc I grew up with. I think the Colnago Master still cuts it though.
    I have a old Azzuri blue Gios, total S H one T compared to my modern stuff.

modern oversise tigged or fillet brazed steel frames are a world away from the stovepipe lugged frames of the past. they ride a lot differently (better) too.

foxyrider
    Free Member

🙄

keavo
    Free Member

i like the gios and luigino purely on looks. i used to ride similar (but not as nice) and have to say i think my £1200 planet-x is a better tool for racing. up to date technology is fantastic but lacking in the looks department. i don't like the old brookes saddle looks, they don't do anything for me.

hora
    Free Member

By no means an expert. I've ridden a fair few roadbike recently and I've just acquired a new project (fixie)- the ride is amazing for an old steelframe. Not saggy/noodly in anyway and a springy-ride.

Some of the roadbikes were overly harsh or dead feeling (considering some were expensive).

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

OOh, that De Rosa cross bike is a bit nice.

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘WOW – Nice Road Frame (well looks anyway)’ is closed to new replies.