Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Would you use this bike rack?
  • beaker

I’m not a big fan of bike racks but this one did impress me. That said I won’t be getting one.

matt_outandabout

Pook

Matt, I assume it’s there for demonstration purposes – not transport. I’m sure he’d move it when driving.

I wouldn’t use it, but then I ride a lead framed behemoth so need something a bit more agricultural.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

I wouldn’t use it. The manufacturer could publish all the technical data they like to support the staying power of those suction cups but I’d never feel truly comfortable. It may be irrational but I’d feel safer with something bolted to a secure rack.

Pook

Would your car need to be really clean?

Northwind

I have an image of suckering it onto the back window, and the glass falling off (or, since it’s my car, the entire back door is just as likely)

ruscle
    Free Member

It could just be a work stand which secures to the car or any flat shiney surface and not to transport the bike!!?

Nick

I found this incredible new tool that allows you to look up almost anything, using the hidden information in the picture I was able to find out that they are indeed bike racks, designed for carrying bikes about on the back of cars

http://www.seasucker.com/

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_41Ujjv6WUw[/video]

shifter
    Free Member

There was a thread on here recently about Seasuckers & someone on here has bought some.

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

The answer is sill, erm you first.

matt_outandabout

Pook – I guess I was more concerned by the fact that the design seems to increase leverage on the suction cups beautifully – and the fact that you are relying on body panels on a vehicle of thin, flexible and indeterminate material..

spooky_b329

I think I would, there is a ‘traditional’ safety lanyard that goes in the boot shut so the main risk would be scratching your car if it did fall over.

The one I saw (online) just had two separate suckers, lay the bike on the rear window, grips clamp into a sucker each, saddle rests on the car boot/bumper, lanyard round headtube into boot.

wingnuts

I’ve got one (not this model though) and it’s bloody good. Only issue is the cost. By the time they get over here and the customs have got you and the vat etc it’s not a good choice. I’m looking at a UK import arrangement I’m so impressed.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Maybe if it had 8 suckers? I’d want a serious safety factor with that!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Would you use this bike rack?’ is closed to new replies.