Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 150 total)
  • Would You…? [helmet nazi content]
  • passtherizla
    Free Member

Would or do you pass comment if you see people riding not wearing a helmet?

iDave
    Free Member

Why would I pass comment? It’s none of my business.

stumpy01

Nope, but I do shout at riders on the road in the dark who don’t have lights on…..
    …something along the lines of “get some effin’ jeffin’ lights….”

GrahamS

Nope.

The only time I might mention it would be if there were children and I knew it wasn’t a smooth path.

I do shout at riders on the road in the dark who don’t have lights on…..

Yep!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

passtherizla – Member

Why would you?

Harry_the_Spider

Not to them. I usually have a mutter/tutt to whoever I’m riding with if it is on a part of the trail that that has low branches.

It is their own look out.

D0NK

What idave said…and possibly what stumpy said too

lizzz
    Free Member

Depends on where they are riding… along the quiet side street to the corner shop, no. Just setting off down a DH track, I might ask them if they’ve forgotten it!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Eh..?

Whats it to do with you..?

Troll’ist..?

passtherizla
    Free Member

Was at Cannock yesterday and I forgot my helmet, I rode teh dog anyway… About half way round some dude in head to toe blue fox outfit came past saying ‘no helmet thats bloody stupid’ alas he was far too good for me to catch up to ask what business it was of his…

clubber
    Free Member

If I saw TJ riding without one, I’d pass comment just for the amusing and predictable explosion of fury and indignation it’d provoke 🙂

Otherwise, no, of course not. Why would you?

passtherizla
    Free Member

No i wouldn’t… FFS read what I’m saying… JEEEEZ.

Some dude passed comment about my lack of helmet at cannock yesterday.

I’m not trying to troll, just asking if you would tell people off for not wearing a lid!

duntstick
    Free Member

No, I don’t have cyclist tourettes..

passtherizla
    Free Member

Ok so its really not normal and this dude was just a tool… thanks.

MrAgreeable

No, it’s their decision.

If I saw someone wearing one that was obviously a terrible fit, I’d probably say something if the opportunity presented itself.

JoB
    Free Member

no, but i would mention if their tyre logos and valves weren’t aligned

Harry_the_Spider

Off at a slight tangent…

I was sat outside the cafe in Heaton Park a bit back. There was a family at the next table with kids and bikes. One of the V-Brakes on the bike next to me wasn’t hooked up (noodle out of cage), so I said “You’re brake is undone” and instinctively popped it back in. The dad gave me a look that suggested he wasn’t best chuffed.

geebus
    Free Member

I prefer to wait until somebody does, then ask why they’re not wearing a full-facer with neck brace 🙂 (the sort that do wear them are generally far too busy actually enjoying the riding to be worried about moaning at others).

(Never had anyone comment about my lack of helmet, which is fairly regular.)

ohnohesback
    Free Member

It was probably unhooked so as not to drag on a buckled wheel. I’ve seen plenty of bikes ridden with the brakes disconnected.

molgrips
    Free Member

So what would you cause you to have a word with someone? How stupid would they have to be being before you did?

D0NK

rizla your OP sounds like a troll, give it a while and people may get around to reading your clarification further down 🙂
    Yes he was a bit of a tool.

It was probably unhooked so as not to drag on a buckled wheel

I think someone also said cheapy V brakes the cross bar connector tends to bend aswell so they won’t “hook up” anyway

GrahamS

HtS: Perhaps you ruined his plan to kill off the ugly stepchild?

GW
    Free Member

The dad gave me a look that suggested he wasn’t best chuffed.

fair enough, loads of parents unhook their kids front brake on purpose.. if only you’d had the social skills to speak to them first 🙄

theflatboy
    Free Member

TandemJeremy – Member
    passtherizla – Member

Why would you?

because there is no question that people should wear helmets to be safe on bikes, of course. 😕

though i wouldn’t mention it – overpopulation is the scourge of modern society.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I don’t see a problem with this, you were being stupid for riding without one, so he told you the truth.

I’d draw the line at telling someone they should be wearing knee pads though 🙂

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

theflatboy
    because there is no question that people should wear helmets to be safe on bikes, of course.

Really? I think you will find its actually very questionable 🙂 seeing as the evidence for helmets reducing head injuries is very poor to non existent

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/psa-another-study-on-the-efficacy-of-bike-helmets

Harry_the_Spider

fair enough, loads of parents unhook their kids front brake on purpose.. if only you’d had the social skills to speak to them first

It was instictive. Rear brake BTW.

HtS: Perhaps you ruined his plan to kill off the ugly stepchild?

Kid was as ugly as the dad. Neither were Ginners.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Why would I, it’s nothing to do with me. Although I did shout at a rider this morning whi wasn’t wearing a helmet but that’s because the **** jumped the lights. Now I don’t care if he gets flattened by a car but I do care that people get pissed off with rlj’s.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Would not say it to a random stranger but would not rid eona regular basis with someone wh odid not wear a helmet. I have rideen without one when someone turned up without thiers and I lent them mine for the Gnarr bits as I have way more skillz innit.
    Re noodle my kids front was undone as he was trying to see how hard to pull it to go over the bars…..he would not listen so I just undid it now it is not hard enough to do this but he still keeps trying – should puta disc brake on that will teach him 😉

iDave
    Free Member

So what would you cause you to have a word with someone? How stupid would they have to be being before you did?

Stupid enough to harm innocents. Otherwise, I don’t care what people do with their lives. I expect similar indifference in return.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

What are the consequences of someone skulling themselves through not wearing a helmet at a trail centre?

Could it ultimately impact on other users? Through insurance costs etc?

iDave
    Free Member

You’re right TSY. I care about everyone’s actions now. Off to stub out some cigarettes.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

😀

D0NK

You’re right TSY. I care about everyone’s actions now. Off to stub out some cigarettes.

Nah don’t stub them out, you’ll be wanting one of these

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

I would, if it was someone i ride with regularly. I’m not really wanting to scoop them up with concussion that could(might) easily have been prevented by wearing a lid.

live and let live and all that jazz, but i wanna go riding, not practice my 1st aid skills

GrahamS

I’m not really wanting to scoop them up with broken legs/knees/wrists/neck/spine that could(might) easily have been prevented by wearing a shin pads/knee protectors/wrist braces/neck brace/back protector.

FTFY 😀

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

iDave – surely you should be going into restaurants and making sure what the people are eating is OK?

MrAgreeable

Could it ultimately impact on other users? Through insurance costs etc?

Depends whether the injured party decided to sue the owner or manager of the trail centre, and whether they won.

Of course the same would apply if a cyclist wearing a helmet managed to injure themselves severely.

geebus
    Free Member

Surely a much bigger factor is the riding.

Someone riding nude on a spike-covered bike is still in a hell of a lot better situation if they don’t crash than someone fully armoured up that DOES crash.

molgrips
    Free Member

Could it ultimately impact on other users?

What about their families?

If I do something stupid and die, my family would be upset. So it’s not just me that’s affected.

Note that this is an academic discussion, I don’t tell people off in general.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 150 total)

The topic ‘Would You…? [helmet nazi content]’ is closed to new replies.