Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Would you cut a steerer to a minimum length…?
  • DrP

The ideal length at present for my for steerer would be 190mm. It’s currently about 210mm with spacers. This looks naff, and makes it hard to get the Garmin on the stem.

Is there a minimum you’d cut a steerer down to so that you could still sell the fork on to ‘most folk’ once you’d got bored of it??

DrP

wwaswas

190mm wouldn;t bother me too much.

less than 180mm I’d be measuring frames and looking at stack heights on an Alu frame, probably 170 on a steel one.

shortcut

I tend to like the stem to be at the top of the steerer so cut to that length. I am however fairly tall so it ends up being 190 to 200mm even on a 29er!

ourmaninthenorth

Cut it.

DrP

So 190mm isn’t too short then*…?
    Think I’ll judo chop that bad-boy in half once I get home…..!

DrP

*I don’t mean too short for my frame – I mean in general!

rocketman
    Free Member

Have cut Domains and Boxxers to the ‘correct’ length when using direct mount stems.

Never considered the possibility of selling them I wanted them to be right for me not for someone else.

IA

I did on my last new forks. Mind, that was 240mm with no spacers under the stem, cos I’m reet lanky.

DrP

On a side note – I had to send my tandem forks to Windwave for a new steerer – very few people leave the steerer 300mm long you know….

DrP

avdave2

I’m thinking along the same lines at the moment which is stupid as in over 25 years I’ve never sold anything off my bike!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Would you cut a steerer to a minimum length…?’ is closed to new replies.