Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • would anyone care to sponsor me ;-) please
  • firestarter
    Free Member

as some of you may know my dad has just been recently diagnosed with mesothelioma cancer which is obviously devastating but im trying to do something positive to get my head round things .so im taking part in a sponsored cycle in aid of cancer research. i know it wont help my dads health but its making him happy and proud . it may help others tho in time so if you would like to donate anything i would appreciate it greatly. many thanks mick

http://www.justgiving.com/Michael-OConnell/

firestarter
    Free Member

many thanks to those who have sponsored me 😉
    cheers all

Swiftacular
    Free Member

Its a cause close to my heart, done.

sslowpace
    Free Member

Hi Mick, will sort it in a bit. nearly deleted the email you sent out as i didnt recognise the name.

Good work mate.

mrsflash
    Free Member

Can you bump next week Mick, after payday and I will do 🙂

ton

done old cock……well done 8)

juan
    Free Member

Now I know you spammed my email today 😀

Hairychested
    Free Member

Done a bit, hope it helps. Good luck!

firestarter
    Free Member

many many thanks all 😉 neither me nor my dad can believe the kindness of some people. shows the worlds not all to pot lol

again many thanks , youve made more of a difference than you know

regards all
    mick

rsvktm

Done

Good luck with everything

Peter

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

Payday on Monday. Be glad to then.

fwb2006
    Free Member

Well done, contribution made.

firestarter
    Free Member

another big thankyou to everyone one. i will bump again later in the week as requested by mrs flash but wont take the pi55 bumping lol 😉

again many thanks to all

mick

GJP
    Free Member

Done. New CC monthly cycle started today! Good Luck Gary

lord
    Free Member

done.

firestarter
    Free Member

cheers chaps 😉 i might have to up my target im doing much better than i thought i would.

great stuff cheers all

Drillski
    Free Member

done mate. Good luck to you, and stay positive.
    over Bumping can get gratuitous, but if you were to update your thread with news of how your totals were going, and thanking contributors, I don't think anyone would take umbridge over that, would they chaps?

pstokes99
    Free Member

done fella – good luck with everything.

Ringo
    Free Member

done, good luck with everything

firestarter
    Free Member

thankyou very much everyone im almost at my target already.

again thanks all

racefaceec90

sorry to hear that your dad's got cancer.i would like to give £10,but do not have a credit card!!!is there an address that i can send it to?i wouldn't be able to pay it until after next wednesday,when my giro turns up,is that ok?p.s my grandmother died of ovarian cancer in 1986,so would gladly help!!!please give your father my best wishes!!!adam

racefaceec90

ps sorry should have given my e mail address so you can contact me:- adamibanezcunningham@hotmail.co.uk .sorry about that!!!

firestarter
    Free Member

ygm mate and thankyou to all

compositepro
    Free Member

ill give you some money….how??

firestarter
    Free Member

just a little bump for mrs flash as requested.

and a great many thanks to all 😉 i should got over my target once im back at work

cheers all

mick

mrsflash
    Free Member

Done 🙂

firestarter
    Free Member

why thankyou kindly mrs f 😉

just about there 😉 i put on the application i hoped to raise 200 so im well chuffed

wouldnt have done it if i hadnt been for you guys and gals

thanks again all
    mick

Drillski
    Free Member

Nice one mick.
    in order to raise more funds, 'cos you'll be amazed how generous people can be, have you:

1- sent a text with a link to your page to virtually everyone in your mobile phone's address book.

2 – sent an email to everyone in your email address book, especially business contacts with a link to your page( i amazingly recieved £100 from a a travel company based 200 miles away we had used twice!!!!! amazing!!!!!!)

3 – don't worry if your emails and texts duplicate, all's fair in love and charity fundraising…. plus many people mean to donate but then forget and appreciate the reminder,

4 – update your JG page.

5 – bang in a simple press release, pretty much what you wrote in your initial post would do, and email it to the editors of all your local rags, you know what they are, look em up online and get the email addy's, including the free ones, and send one of the photo's of yourself on your bike: they love free copy that's ready to cut and paste straight in to their pages when they're a bit slow, and during the holiday season they are ususaly slow and understaffed so you're a shoe in to get published and help raise support.

6 – Do you patronise a local corner shop/pub/postoffice? ask them if they would put up a poster for you, and if they give a positive reception, ask if they would even consider having a sponsor form on the counter, and or tin. Many places love to do this, and my local spar shop have made me over a ton on their own so far i reckon.

keep smiling and keep it up matey
    Drillski

firestarter
    Free Member

some good ideas mate cheers. i see it worked for you 😉
    thanks mick

Drillski
    Free Member

Bingo, there you go, sorted!!!!

iamtheresurrection

Tickety tick (and bump)

firestarter
    Free Member

thankyou all. A little update my dad had surgery last week to have an explore and give some kind of time scale for things. I cant go see him yet as full of cold and cant risk infection. Told yesterday results are in but no one is avail to talk to him about it til wed. God only knows why 🙁 again many thanks to one and all ive now passed the target and hopefully will get more still 🙂 thanks

firestarter
    Free Member

and cheers bru 😉 lol

Teetosugars
    Free Member

mick (firestarter) – Member
    and cheers bru lol

Steady on.. – You'll piss them off..

And I don't want to jepodise any future sponsership bru Mate. 😉 😀

mrsflash
    Free Member

Keep us updated on how he's doing Mick.

firestarter
    Free Member

lol nick i know 😉

will do clare

firestarter
    Free Member

my old mate from iraq has just dontated 50 quid i havent seen him since 91/92 madness 😉

mrsflash
    Free Member

🙂

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘would anyone care to sponsor me ;-) please’ is closed to new replies.