Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Worth bothering – bike box clearout?
  • coffeeking
    Free Member

I started clearing out my old bike stuff. I’ve literally dozens of old brake sets, old mechs (front and rear) from about 1970 right the way up to about 2000ish. Some thumbies, plenty of deore V’s and some XTR cantis, along with an assortment of XT, deore and tektro V levers. The choices I have are bin or photo all of them and offer them up for anyone over at retro bikes who wants them, as they’re never going on any machine I’ll use again.

Worth the effort or just bin? Not really looking for cash, more wanting them to be useful.

STATO
    Free Member

If your wanting rid then why not offer them (in bulk) to a trustworthy soul on retrobike on the condition some of the profits if they sell them go to charity or whatever?

neilforrow

Photo them. Better to be used than landfill. Hacks, pub bikes and retro bikes all need parts.

matt_outandabout

*puts hand up for spare set of V’s and levers and any 7 or 8speed mechs for kids bikes*

I am now pedalling with a load if kids from the village and some spare parts would be great

email me – happy to pay postage and return a nice couple of beers/chocholate/etc)

matt_outandabout AT hotmail.com

coffeeking
    Free Member

I’ll photo them all and fire you first dibs Matt, I’m mid garage clearout so it may be a few days yet. Somehow my quantity of mess in the garage seems to have increased despite having binned a whole wheelie bin full of junk.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

There’s a charity in Bristol called Bristol Bike Project who repair and refurbish old bikes. Maybe there’s something similar close to you who might appreciate the spares?

carbon337
    Free Member

Theres also one in Newcastle called Recyce-a-bike or something like that.

matt_outandabout

ace, not so bothered about pics, if they are useable, I have some kids bikes here they can go on… 🙂

Rochey
    Free Member
    Woody
    Free Member

I posted something similar last week HERE.

One of the suggestions was recyke-y-bike which seems very worthwhile.

I also like the suggestion re Retrobike as it sounds like there is a lot of stuff which would be very useful for period builds.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Worth bothering – bike box clearout?’ is closed to new replies.