Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • World Cup 2016 – Vallnord
  • miketbrown
    Free Member

Booked flights and bus transfer today for myself and two teenage sons – sort of on impulse 🙂 So now I’m not sure about where to stay. Did anyone go to Vallnord last year and have any tips on accommodation etc?

I think the actual race is in La Massna (about 6km north of Andorra La Vella – the main town in the area). Is this correct? If so, La Massana looks quite small so is it better to stay in La Vella and get the local bus up the valley to the event?

Any info/advice much appreciated!

wheeleeneelee
    Free Member

There are buses from Andorra La Vella but La Massana is where the race is. It’s a smallish place but lots of accommodation options. You can take the gondola up the hill or walk up the track from town . It’s steep though.

miketbrown
    Free Member

Ok many thanks. Would you know if its best to get the gondola up and then walk down or stay at the finish point in La Massana? Does the gondola still operate during the event?

wheeleeneelee
    Free Member

I’d take gondola up and walk down but up to you. There’s a cafe at top and Team pits are up there. Top part is fast and flatish with a few jumps and easy to walk down the side then it gets steeper near the end. Cedric’s pub at the bottom and likely to be a stand at the finish line. Gondola will be transporting bikes so running all event .
    My email is in profile if you have any other questions.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Cedric’s pub at the bottom and likely to be a stand at the finish line

This would be my choice 🙂 get in early before the real party starts…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘World Cup 2016 – Vallnord’ is closed to new replies.