Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • World Cup 2010 draw
  • NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

My money's on us ( as in England before the other friendly home nations get offended 😉 ) getting France or Portugal. Then Australia to put a spanner in the works.

Fingers crossed we avoid the various group of death scenarios.

allthepies
    Free Member

Great result 🙂

Irish_AL
    Free Member

as a member of the 'other friendly home nations ' no offence taken….out of interest does anyone know the words to the Slovenian national anthem ? 😉

Irish_AL
    Free Member

those cheating cheese eating surrender monkeys sadly appear to have an easy group A 🙁

stuartie_c
    Free Member

does anyone know the words to the Slovenian national anthem ?

Živé naj vsi naródi,
    ki hrepené do?akat dan,
    da, koder sonce hodi,
    prepir iz svéta bo pregnan,
    da rojak
    prost bo vsak,
    ne vrag, le sosed bo mejak!

If I remember correctly… Beautiful country, Slovenia.

bruneep

yes my great grandparents had a Slovenian meal once

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Excellent Bruneep – you have all the necessary credentials to cheer them on at the World Cup.

I've climbed Triglav so I'm a True Slovenian. Who's in their group anyway?

allthepies
    Free Member

Well Scotland aren't 😆

uplink
    Free Member

Don't think you'll get the game in Scotland fellas, I believe they're showing a movie instead

18/6/10, Live from Johannesburg
    England Vs Slovenia

Except for viewers in Scotland who will see …
    Out of Africa – Directed by Sydney Pollack & Starring Robert Redford & Meryl Streep
    In 20th century colonial Kenya, a Danish baroness/plantation owner has a passionate but ultimately doomed love affair with a free-sprited big-game hunter.

steviegil
    Free Member

^^ 😆

Engurrland have a superb group(hoachy bastid's), my money is still on Spain but with the afore mentioned a close second…

trailmonkey

Nice one. I think we'd have taken being in that group before the draw was made.

Smee
    Free Member

What happened to the old maxim of there being no easy games in football? It is for that reason and that reason alone that I am announcing my Algeroslovomerican ancestry.

bruneep

**** me if you listen to the meedja its a wonder any other teams are bothering to turn up as Engerland have "won" the competition already.
    🙄

allthepies
    Free Member

Yes, the meedja but not the England fans 🙂

nosherduke996
    Free Member

If football involved talking the ball in the net,then Englanmd would win hand down.Everything will be good untill we meet Germany. 🙄

Smee
    Free Member

You do all realise that all of the teams in that group are ranked higher than Ireland, Sweden, Turkey – teams which have all given England a hard time in recent years.

trailmonkey

What happened to the old maxim of there being no easy games in football? It is for that reason and that reason alone that I am announcing my Algeroslovomerican ancestry.

Algeria is an easier game than France/Portugal/Serbia – fact.

Smee
    Free Member

Will that still be the case when you factor in the African climate?

bruneep

Algeria is an easier game than France/Portugal/Serbia – fact.

I'm gonna bookmark this…………just in case 😉

trailmonkey

South Africa in winter ? No, you're right, it will be even better for us.

I'm gonna bookmark this…………just in case

In case what ? We play France/Portugal/Serbia as well and you can compare results ? I didn't say that we'd beat Algeria, I just said it's an easier game than we could have had. No wonder you lot get so worked up about it, you just make things up.

higgo
    Free Member

11/2 for USA to beat England in the first group match looks quite attractive.

CaptJon
    Free Member

LOL – that's like saying 'the European climate' as if it is uniform across the continent.

NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

LOL @ the bitter Scots 8)

trailmonkey

I know, and in a thread about England in the WCF's over half of the 12 voices are Scots. They say they hate us but they're still yoked to Imperial England at heart.

God we'll miss those guys when they're gone.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

I knew this would flush trailmonkey out.

Once again he fails to appreciate good-natured banter and distorts what is being said to support his warped "they hate us" outlook on life.

Here it is in black and white TM – I wish England well in the WCFs.

I could muddy the waters with some shades of grey and I'll keep up the banter, though I suspect much of it will be too subtle for you.

trailmonkey

thanks for your support, it means so much. please come back again and help me through the rich vein of subtlety that my engerlandik idiocy is preventing me from appreciating.

love you

xx

stuartie_c
    Free Member

That's more like it!

Northwind

Us Scots are just jealous because that's a group we could actually come second in for once, if we'd actually qualified.

trailmonkey

Now, now, it's our job to be deluded, not yours.

billybob
    Free Member

I'll take the Dutch @ 14/1

trailmonkey

Interesting choice. Given the implications of the Dutch and English past in SA, I'll be intrigued to see if life is made hard for them by the SA crowd. Could be a factor.

For my money, anyone finishing ahead of Spain will win it.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘World Cup 2010 draw’ is closed to new replies.