Viewing 9 posts - 81 through 89 (of 89 total)
  • Work and commute times (total hours used up)
  • konabunny
    Free Member

Just go for it, whats the worst that could happen

you could destroy an aboriginal heritage site or valuable environmental asset.

but I suppose if you did it in the basin of some gigantic open cast mine everything would be pretty effed already

breadcrumb

Somewhere between 5-10 minutes by car or just shy of 20 minutes if I cycle the direct route. 8:30 till 17:30, 5 days a week. Proper graft mind, none of this sitting at a desk bollocks. 😉

tonyg2003

Like some others here

Bottom of the garden.
    or 1hr45min train underground each way / 25miles each way on bike
    or 148miles each way M25/M1
    or ~3700 miles each way on a plane

Depends on what needs doing.

benp1

It’s about 45-50 minutes for me, by tube or bike. Could also motorbike but it’s a litre sports bike and I work in a busy part of central London so it’s no fun

Cycling is great fun though, try to do it more often than taking the tube

uwe-r
    Free Member

Shit there’s a lot of variation on this. I ride 95% of the time. Its 25mins quick route and up to 35 mins longer / nicer routes. You can add on 1/2 an hour of messing about.

WildHunter2009

I think technically the whole site i’m working on is a heritage site, god knows what kind of hoops they have jumped through to let us work here. Daily drive is better than expected mind, only about 30 mins. Though we are averaging about 2 boggings a day in the salt flats.

notlocal
    Free Member

12 hour shifts plus extended if busy. 45min car journey in with 30min cycle across Aberdeen. Reversed on the way home. Usually 3 or 4 shifts per 7 days.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

WildHunter2009 – Member
    I think technically the whole site i’m working on is a heritage site, god knows what kind of hoops they have jumped through to let us work here.

Probably the usual dollar related ones… just doing the equivalent of popping into the services on the way home for this week
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/wvqCpH]Dealing with the heat….[/url] by Mike Smith, on Flickr
    Few days to recharge the batteries before getting home (and another red eye)

deadkenny
    Free Member

2hrs per day on current contract and have to drive. Public transport would make it 4 hours or more. Though getting some work-from-home now which makes local evening rides possible. WFH means I can get more done in the day also.

Viewing 9 posts - 81 through 89 (of 89 total)

The topic ‘Work and commute times (total hours used up)’ is closed to new replies.