Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Winter trousers , wet weather advice please
  • Denis99
    Free Member

Once this dry spell ends we will probably be back to the normal rainy season for a while.

I have always worn bib tights in the winter mainly for warmth.
    But these soon get quite wet.

Any advice appreciated on a pair of waterproof trousers for riding in, underneath will be some 3/4 bibs.
    Is the Endura MT500 the best choice? Or are there any other alternatives?

big_n_daft
    Free Member

OMM Kamleika, they are waterproof and stretchy

VanHalen

You would wear 100+quid trousers on a muddy nightride where crashing is probably a certainty? I use cheap and cheerful ones with poppers on the sides of the legs. Keep you dry, are cheap and, because of the open sides, breathable and you won’t be upset when you rip em.

househusband

Keela Scuffers. On my second pair now; articulated knees so work well on the bike – very robust and very warm.

They also do a cycle-specific trouser called the Roadrunner too but I’ve not tried them.

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

I’ve been thinking that a water resistant pair might be better than a fully waterproof pair. Full waterproofs even if they are supposed to be breathable ten to get wet on the inside for me.

Have even been looking at something like the new Fox DH pants that are supposed to be water resistant rather than ‘proof…

Sorry not much help OP!

big_n_daft
    Free Member

You would wear 100+quid trousers on a muddy nightride where crashing is probably a certainty?

in short, yes

they are for making mtb in the mud and rain fun. Fall off and I’ll sew and patch repair.

Denis99
    Free Member

Thanks

The OMM Kamleika are now in my Wiggle wish list.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Endura singletrack trousers, so good I bought two. Saw me through last winter perfect trail riding trousers

colonelwax
    Free Member

Just thought I’d let you know I read the thread title as “White trousers , wet weather advice please”, to which my answer would be don’t bother.

A bit more on topic – have you considered waterproof shorts over your bibs? I use altura attack 3/4 shorts with the braces on them and bib 3/4s or tights – keeps knees and thighs warm, not as clammy feeling as full trousers and no excess fabric to catch in the chain.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Winter trousers , wet weather advice please’ is closed to new replies.