Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Winter training plan (road)?
  • scunny
    Free Member

Alright guys,

I’d planned on getting some proper training in this winter but had underestimated how time consuming newborn twins would be so haven’t started yet! I’m struggling to find some detailed plans online, I know that getting in touch with a trainer and getting something personalised to my goals and objectives would be optimal but that might be something to consider for next year. I’d maybe niaviely presumed that this stuff could be easily found online, maybe it is and newborn delirium is preventing me from finding it – is there anywhere in particular I should be looking?

mrblobby
    Free Member

Standard answer is Joe Friel’s training bible, it’s as good a place as any to start and it’ll teach you how to determine what you need to work on and how to put together a plan.

Depends how serious you are really but as a starting point you could just set yourself a weekly hours target and see what’s achievable. Much of it is about consistency over winter.

fifeandy
    Free Member

Check out the British Cycling training plans.
    Solid range of plans for beginner to advanced(ish).
    If you’ve got a bit of cash to burn you can buy plans from coaches on Training Peaks usually at $99 each.

Totally agree with @mrblobby about reading Friel and doing your own, but maybe thats not the route you want when a bit time constrained by small people

Duggan

They’re weirdly hard to come by online compared to running training plans, for example. I used a 12 week plan I got out of the back of a copy of Cycling Fitness last winter and it made a massive difference.

You could also try the sufferfest website- they have complete plans available but you’ll have to pay.

vdubber67
    Free Member

Totally agree re Friel stuff, but rather than the whole book – try his blog:

http://www.joefrielsblog.com/2010/10/base-1-training-part-1.html

There’s a few parts to his base training discussion there – might help you out.

vdubber67
    Free Member

In fact, Part 4 looks right up your street 🙂

http://www.joefrielsblog.com/2010/11/base-1-training-part-4.html

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Winter training plan (road)?’ is closed to new replies.