Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Winter cycling clothing for 11yo
  • cakefest
    Free Member

Looking to buy some winter clothing for my 11yo son who likes cycling. Need warm wind/waterproof gloves, leg warmers, tights, mid layer, jacket.

What do you folks out there use?

MoreCashThanDash

Aldi cycling week on Thursday, if they are tall for their age the smaller stuff may fit. Certainly the gloves are great for kids.

Beyond that, Decathlon, Altura, Dare2B, and Polaris all good places to start.

sandboy

My 11 year old lad wears his Mum’s Aldi size small soft shell, gilet and water/showerproof jacket. The colours are quite neutral and he has no issues with it being women’s stuff. As said above, the winter gloves are great for the money and they are doing decent overshoes this time.

hammerite
    Free Member

Are they nearing adult sizes? Or still kids sizes?

I’ve not checked out Isla bikes for a while, but their kit was decent when Jnr was younger. They did leg/arm warmers etc… He wore a lovely warm soft shell wind proof from decathlon for a long time too.
    If they’re getting on towards adult sizes check out Planet X. They do some really good winter bundle deals where you get pretty much everything you need.

joolsburger
    Free Member

Decathlon stuff is excellent. We went last week I got my 11 year old lad a pair of baggies, some padded lycra shorts, new gloves, a short sleeve jersey, a long sleeve warm over jersey and a waterproof shell and that little lot was around 60 quid. Didn’t have long tights in his size or waterproof shorts so they are next on the list from somewhere. The quality is excellent and the sale is on now so….

eskay

Altura do some very good stuff including a night vision winter jacket.

When my kids were samller they used to wear Altura bib shorts with football/running lycra tights. Same for base layers, look beyond cycling.

MoreCashThanDash

Karrimor cycling/running stuff over shorts? If you can cope with Sports Direct, obviously.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Winter cycling clothing for 11yo’ is closed to new replies.