Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Windows 7
  • jimmy

Not wanting to be geeky, but looking at a new laptop (for a mate) and wondered what the crack with windows 7 will be? Apparently Vista is memory intensive – will that change? Or is 3GB still the regarded minimum? (All of this I've heard from other people).

druidh
    Free Member

Supposedly better tuned/less memory intensive. I'd still want 3GB regardless. I'm waiting for Windows 7 to be available pre-configured and then just gonna buy a new PC. Some of the manufacturers are already offering free upgrades.

Daffy

Windows 7 is pretty much identical to Vista, loading times, memory allocation etc all appears near identical to Vista.

I've been using the beta for months, but then again I've been using vista 64 ultimate without any problems at all since the day of release.

GrahamS

Not particularly convinced that Vista is especially memory intensive, but these days I wouldn't buy a PC with less than 3GB in it.

lowey

Running Windows 7 RC on my old Desktop. It is and AMD X2 4400 wit 2 gig of ram. It didnt like Vista much, but 7 runs like a dream on it.

aracer
    Free Member

All the reports I've seen (from the geeks in work – we have geeks who really know their stuff, so I'd trust these reports) suggest it works better than Vista, faster startup and better memory use. Very tempted to get it at the discount £50 pre-release price.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Windows 7’ is closed to new replies.