Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Wills – testator changing address – any lawyers here?
  • agentdagnamit
    Free Member

My Dad asked me if he needs to make a new Will as he now lives at a different address to when his was drafted. It’s years since I did a law degree and cant remember.

I guess this could be necessary, as he no longer is “Brian Plumley of 22 Greenacres”? The Will doesnt mention his house in any other specific way, only his estate generally.

thanks

kcal

codicil to will? can’t recall the phrase, not Deed of Variation or Expression of Wish but it should be possible to make an amendment without re-writing the whole shooting match..

lcj

The will is still valid so no need to update for that reason alone, but if solicitors are holding the original it’s helpful to let them know.

jerseychaz

As above, let the Solicitor or whoever has the original know of the change for admin but no need to alter the will unless there are significant changes to the estate he wants to reflect. Just dealt with my Mum’s Estate and she’d moved twice since she and Dad made their wills.

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Great, thanks guys.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Wills – testator changing address – any lawyers here?’ is closed to new replies.