Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Will this kill me?
  • captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Having seen how easy it is to cut though a cable lock, I bought this for the town bike. The only place it can be stored is the seat stays. Any movement shoud see the lock rubbing the rim and not mangling the spokes.
    Who’s done this with success? And who with disasterous results?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Imagine if something got caught in it as you were cycling along; it’d probably cause you to fall from your bike.

Will it not go on the seat post or seat tube?

MrPottatoHead

If that was really my only option for mounting it on the bike, it would be carried in my bag.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I’d probably walk TBH

cloudnine
    Free Member

lock it round your neck?

richmars

The mounting bracket could loosen and rotate out, so the lock misses the rim and hits the spokes.
    Apart from that, you’ll be fine!

wiggles
    Free Member

That just looks like you are going to end up with it in your spokes, seatpost an option?

Sandwich

If it fits in the seatstay, seatpost, chainstay triangle the wheel should push it out of the way if the lock moves inwards.

chakaping
    Free Member

Get tri bars and strap it to them.

falkirk-mark

Move it up the seatstay a bit then if the lock pivots it will only rub the tyre.

Northwind

I’ve never had a D lock bracket that I’d trust with that. Not to say there aren’t some that I would, but it’s 100% no so far.

codybrennan
    Free Member

If you absolutely have to put it there, then why not raise it up the seat-stay about 8″, to just below the brake caliper? That way, if it rotates inwards, the end of the ‘D’ (ooh err) can’t foul the spokes.

chakaping
    Free Member

Or…

TiRed

Move it up, rotate and tie the loop to the seat tube. I wouldn’t ridei it as mounted.

paulmgreen
    Free Member

The fact your asking the question means you probably know the answer !

Poopscoop

Riding through town you probably have enough too worry about as it is mate. 🙁

No,I wouldn’t if it were me to be honest.

JoeG
    Free Member

Problem Solved!!! 8)

aphex_2k
    Free Member

yes you will die. can i have your bike?

damascus
    Free Member

Find a different lock

scaredypants

put it on non-driveside, rotate it so it’s hanging down & brace against chainstay ?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Will this kill me?’ is closed to new replies.