Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Will this bike be too big?
  • cogsy1976
    Free Member

Hi all
    Ok ive managed to pick up a bargain of the century, basically some wally has sold me his one ride old cannondale rush 29er for a ridiculous price. (Its not stolen as i have the paperwork lol) my issue is its a medium 29er and im a shorty at 5ft 4!

Can i make this bike fit me? I already have a 15.5 29er which im apparently at top end of sizing for (according to manufacturers website).

If its a no go i will sell for a tidy profit and buy something else.

To be honest it doesnt look huge and i have the standover due to the kinked toptube.

seavers
    Free Member

Have you looked up the geo for both and compared? I guess that is the only way to get an idea until you sit on it.

To make it fit…short stem, shorter cranks?

It’s yours now anyway! So like you say no big deal if you can sell it for a profit. Just means your money is tied up while you do so.

cogsy1976
    Free Member

Ive sat on it it doesnt feel too big and its a lovely bike so would rather keep if i could. Will check out the geo as thats a good point as could be similar

simondbarnes

Just ride it and see how it feels.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

I know of a mate determined to ride/ own a Whippet in 21 inch even though he is 5 ft 4. He looks like Superman riding it and if he wasn’t so quick, I would rip the pee out of him buying such a huge bike !

cogsy1976
    Free Member

Haha youve made me feel better thrusty

teadrinker
    Free Member

Just ride it and see how it feels.

This. If it doesn’t fit though I think you’ve ruined your chances of selling it on here 😉

frood
    Free Member

As above try a shorter stem if it’s initially too long. 30 or 35mm stems are relatively cheap and readily available

mikewsmith
    Free Member

you have a bike in your possession and you are asking on here if it fits?

Sit/Ride/have a go

cp

Don’t look at the geometry charts, just ride it for a bit. If it feels ok then keep it.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Don’t look at the geometry charts, just ride it for a bit. If it feels ok then keep it.

Or sell it on ebay and buy a small? Might even make a profit as medium or sometimes large will be the most popular sizes.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Will this bike be too big?’ is closed to new replies.