Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Will I regret buying a 16.5" charge duster?
  • binarysolo
    Free Member

I’ve been hankering after one of the old white ones for a while now, but all the ones on eBay are 16.5″. I’m guessing that’s small as I can’t find any size charts from pre 2012

I’m a smidgen under 6ft and am usually medium/large. Will it be ‘flickable’ or just a bad fit?

joshvegas
    Free Member

Dusters are pretty short…

Atleast my small and medium skinny are. No idea what vintage the small one is.

DT78
    Free Member

Reckon it will be too small. My 2009 med duster is about right for me and I’m 5’11”. You could put a 130mm stem on it..

smatkins1
    Free Member

I’d go with bad fit. I’m 5’11” on a tall day and I found a similar size chameleon was too small to really enjoy. I do like a flickable bike!

amedias
    Free Member

I’d say bad idea, unless you have T-Rex arms… They are on the short side, I have a Skinny and the TT is over an inch shorter than my small Cotic

P-Jay
    Free Member

Shame if it’s too small – my mate has got a Duster 8 and it’s genuinely the only time I’ve ever been envious of someone else’s bike.

binarysolo
    Free Member

I know your right, but there’s a a couple of good ones on eBay right now 🙁 I’ve had a few glasses of wine and they look so pretty

Must not make drunken Friday night eBay purchase!

mtbfix

To add my opinion, I had a medium Duster for a while. I’m 6′ and it was too short in the reach.

cokie

I had a small and I’m 173cm. No way would I want to go smaller on the frame.
    Excuse the vintage photo- saddle angle was adjusted.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Will I regret buying a 16.5" charge duster?’ is closed to new replies.