Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Will F120's fubar my Commencal Meta 4?
  • Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Need some new forks for the Commie and got a few to chose from. Will 120's be too long? I like Fox's so unless there's mega deals about I'll go that route. I use Hope Pro3 SP wheels and Mini X2 calipers and don't lock em out when riding usually if this helps.

Choice 1 – F100RLC IS mounts, very cheap.
    Choice 2 – F120RLC post mount, more money but better than above??
    Choice 3 – F120r 15mm through axle, stiffer front end, lighter?

please make my decision for me.

ta.

sssimon
    Free Member

choice 3

I ran a 130mm rev on a meta 4 after dicking about with 100 fox and 115 reba

120mm is spot on on those frames and 120mm fork 100mm frame feels great to me

Alb
    Free Member

Not at all I shouldn't think. 2010 Super4's (which the Meta4 was based on) come with 120mm forks stock (increased from 100mm last year). I'd say you'll be fine.

The-Duke

Just check your pro3's can be converted to a 15mm axle, I thought it was only the pro2 that could do this

Mister-P
    Free Member

Choice 3 sounds like a winner to me.

br
    Free Member

What about Reba 120 maxle's?

FOG

Hmm, I have a 09 Super 4 and was thinking of a similar stunt though I was considering 120mm Durins. However now I have seen sssimon's bike I shall go to plan B which is to steal the U turn revs from my son's bike which he has left in my garage while he moves house. I will put my 100mm Reba sls on his and wait to see how long before he notices.

sssimon
    Free Member

what year are your rebas? they will either be able to run at 115 or 120 depending on the year by taking the spacer out and they'll be lighter

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

I reckon 15mm through bolt is ok on pro3's so the f120r is looking favorite. Oh and not Rebas because I don't really like the looks but if someone could point me in the direction of new rebas for less than £350 (cost of new f120) then I'd think about them.

FOG

My Rebas are presumably 09 as they came OE with the bike. I know there has been some discussion about whether all Rebas have a removable spacer to increase travel. Apparently some don't but no one seems to know which.
    When its a little warmer I'll venture into the garage and take them to bits!

repatriot
    Free Member

Chain Reaction are got some nice deals on 09 fox 120rl at the moment, I would like some newer forks for my Soul but would need wheels as well if I went for the 15mm axles! Are the new bolt through forks worth it with fox?

bigyinn
    Free Member

What travel is the frame warrantied for?
    Obviously if the current forks on there are 120mm no worries. Otherwise check first, unless you're not worried or not the original owner.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

I'm not the 1st owner, so not really bothered. reckon I'm going for 120's

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Will F120's fubar my Commencal Meta 4?’ is closed to new replies.