Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Wifi extenders , any recommended ?
  • stumpy_m4
    Free Member

The Wifi signal at the back of the house is poor especially in my lads room, looking for a extender, any recommendations or are they all pretty much the same ?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Me too, bought a TP link from DABS last week, instructions are horifically bad, and I can’t get it to work at all. It’ll be going back.

br
    Free Member

Bit the bullet and got a BT one after many complaints from the wife (her new company laptop seems to have an inability to see a wifi beyond 10 feet…).

Works fine.

http://www.shop.bt.com/products/bt-dual-band-wi-fi-extender-600-9WW6.html

DaveRambo

I have an ASUS hub and bought an ASUS extender to get reach into the garden.

Was v easy to setup and works a treat.

bigG
    Free Member

I picked up some devolo powerline ones the other week, they’ve transformed the wifi through my house, into the garage as well.

They work well, and let me still use the sockets that they’re plugged into.

these ones

welshfarmer

I have an Edimax which works fine. We also have used an old BT router to do the same job at the other end of the house.

ratherbeintobago

We’ve got a Netgear one which, has been fine.

Shred
    Free Member

I ended up turning off the router wifi and fitting a UniFi long range access point (like this one) and put it central in the house.

Works much better overall.

Stoner
    Free Member

I’ve had various powerline brands. Each have failed within two years. Moved to BT hotspot units 6months ago and they’re more stable. But then one died last week. Great tech, shitly implemented in the main. Will have to fork out another bundle of dosh for a new BT one as 500mm thick walls in the barn are a git for wifi

redstripe
    Free Member

See this thread from a couple of weeks back:
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/range-of-a-typical-wifi-extender
    I got the Netgear one via Amazon, it works great

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Got a netgear one to pick up from Argos today, 30 quid, I’ll try it later.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Using an Apple Airport Express – brilliant with the advantage of bouncing the music into the kitchen too 😀

bruneep

Spare netgear one if anyone is interested in it.

donald
    Free Member

The Wifi signal at the back of the house is poor especially in my lads room

Good. He’ll be up to no good.

MoreCashThanDash

This isn’t as much fun as the thread when the guy typed “wife” instead of “wifi” 🙁

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

I picked up the BT 600 extender on Saturday for £32 in B&Q.

Works a treat!

P-Jay
    Free Member

In work we always use DrayTek access points, they are extremely good, but more expensive than TP Link and the like.

prettygreenparrot

wireless extenders will suck your WiFi bandwidth. Try some power socket ones or run a CAT-6 cable to another router in the deadzone.

deepreddave
    Free Member

bruneep – could be if it would work with BT homehub thing. Email in profile 🙂

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Wifi extenders , any recommended ?’ is closed to new replies.