Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Whyte winter Enduro (Thetford and Tunstall)
  • jd-boy
    Free Member

We still have openings for the 2nd, 3rd and 4th rounds in all cats for the WHYTE WINTER ENDURO races at Thetford and Tunstall (the original winter Enduro series)
    Great prizes, great courses, great compair, electronic timing (Timelaps) vendors, catering, slick registration,good medical cover, all you need for a good Sunday out on your bike doing what you love.

More Info http://www.thetfordmtbracing.com

stumpy01

Yeah – keep meaning to sign up for the 2nd and 3rd.
    Wimped out of the 1st one as the weather was pish & the shut level crossing meant a 20 minute diversion on top of the 1hr 20 journey time. Lame excuses I know.

Will endeavour to make 2 & 3, but not 4 as it's a bit too far to drive for me.

EDIT – should have added that anyone thinking of giving it a bash should sign up. It's a great blast & well organised. 99% of people there are in good spirits & you get great support from the marshalls. I think this is the third year I'll have been doing them for…..well, it will be once I get signed up!

richmars

Well I've just got back from a ride around the WS2 course (or at least the forest off Fire Road 24) and the coditions are pretty good. Slight problem was the husky racing going on so I had to keep off some of the fire roads. There's some great sections of single track which is pretty well unused. Looking forward to the race.
    Agree with stumpy01, always well run and great fun.

steelrider
    Free Member

I also had a ride out there today and spoke to a couple of the marshals at the husky rally, they have no problem with you using the fire roads as long as you keep to one side to let them past, so it should be no problem to ride the complete course. As richmars said the conditions are good, in fact IMO they are better than when I raced there in the summer series.

richmars

Yes, I had a chat to one of the doggy marshals, no problems with riding the fire road, I just didn't want to get in the way, plus it's big enough for all of us. Husky's will be there Sunday as well.

didmatt
    Free Member

Thinking of entering for the 3rd race, complete newbie to MTB racing sounds alot of fun though!

jd-boy
    Free Member

I will be out next Saturday strimming parts of the course and the bomb holes, we had planned to do it today as the Huskys were in the Forestry calendar to be at Cranwick Heath,Cranwick,(Further North) but for some reason they were on FR24.

Curly68
    Free Member

I have entered my son for round 2. He did the first round and it was his first ever race. He is 11 years old and I had to chaperone him round. The conditions were far from ideal for him and he managed one lap and we got out of the way of the other riders in the singletrack.
    If you are thinking of entering and have never done a race before, I can wholeheartedly recommend these races. Jack was made more than welcome and the guys are friendly, well sorted, things ran smoothly and there are trade stands and a bike wash!
    Plus round 2 has a fancy dress competition.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Whyte winter Enduro (Thetford and Tunstall)’ is closed to new replies.