• This topic has 23 replies, 21 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Why take a mobile phone to work?
  • GW
    Free Member

I noticed in another debate that quite a few people seem to want to go to work with a mobile phone. Why is that? I don’t get it – if something happens at work, surely work have a phone?

Now, I’m not employed, nor will I ever be, so I’m not judging in any way other people’s decisions but I am intrigued by the motives. Why?

Morrissey

Junkyard
    Free Member

to stay on STW and read your unimaginative trolls insightful views on the world

amplebrew

I carry a mobile at work as I sometimes need it when my job radio doesn’t work and it also means that I can check text messages and e-mails during the day.

wwaswas

It’s a workers right, alongside only pooing in company time and abusing the directors durign staff outings.

Milkie
    Free Member

Not all my contacts have my work number and not all of them are allowed to use work phones for personal use. Would make it hard to organise going for after work rides and things. What if someone phones me on the ride/drive home, to get some milk or something.. Also can’t be dealing with the 10+ txt’s/missed phonecalls, if I didn’t take it to work.

Is this a troll post?

deadslow

Now, I’m not employed, nor will I ever be

Hmm well qualified to start this thread then……..why wont you ever be?

GW
    Free Member

deadslow alright
    😆

Mintman
    Free Member

So that I can peruse the Internet while having a dump.

D0NK

why junkyard why? should have just let the “insightful views on the world” thread drop off the bottom of the page.

JonBoy
    Free Member

+1 for Mintman

Junkyard
    Free Member

so I can text abuse to DONK for dissing me publicly 😉

djglover
    Free Member

I hot desk and visit lots of other sites. Not sure how my kids nursery would get hold of me in an emergency. I guess they would have managed before mobiles, but that’s so long ago if i’d have lived then my wife would have probably given up work to look after the kids.

HTH

druidh
    Free Member

So my daughter can text me from school when she is bored.

aracer
    Free Member

Personally because I used to be quite mobile in location, and it’s a pain having to redirect my phone – for quite a while I had my work phone number diverted to my mobile (as did a few other people I worked with).

I work a shift rota.
    To avoid having to give everyone I know a copy of my rota and updating it every time I cover for someone else’s absence, I carry a mobile phone to work.

druidh
    Free Member

Sorry GW – your switcheroonie attempt appears to have crashed and burnt. Too many earnest folk on this morning.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

LOTS of reasons!

Work phone is for work. Mobile is personal. If my mobile rings I know it’s for ME. Work do not and never will have my personal number. Same for email and Internet.

What if I need it on the journey?

I work in a different place every week at the minute.

I don’t have to use work phone for calls or work PC for Internet.

It’s mine. I do what I like with it.

And, most important, what the smeg is the point of having a mobile phone if you don’t carry it with you?
    🙂

EDIT
    Sent from my mobile phone. At work…..

trail_rat
    Free Member

work supply the mobile phone ….. id guess thats a strong arguement for !

chutney13
    Free Member

I leave my mobile at home, generally by the landline, and my laptop is stored on top of my pc.

Keva
    Free Member

I work for a mobile phone company. telecommunications is our business, mobile phones play quite a large part in communicating.

Keva

dan1980
    Free Member

The only issue I have with the “It’s a mobile – so take it with you” argument is the weirdos who take their phone to the toilet, and then answer it mid dump if you ring them.

One of lifes few remaining pleasures is the solitude granted by sitting on the magical poop stealing water chair, so I don’t understand why you’d take your phone in with you so you can communicate with someone?

jon1973
    Free Member

Hmm well qualified to start this thread then……..why wont you ever be?

I assumed he ran his own business or sommit.

portlyone

I use my phone as a MP3 player while on the bus to work. I use earphones though, I’m not one of those youths…

Drac

To close troll threads.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Why take a mobile phone to work?’ is closed to new replies.