Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Why should i buy a Merlin Malt 4 frame?
  • MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Reasons on why this would be a good choice or maybe some alternatives?

E.g. Handjob etc

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Inbred? everyone here likes them….

because they’re GREEEAAATT

nickname
    Free Member

I guess it depends what riding style you have?

I’m not really experienced enough to describe the differences in how the frame feels in detail, but compared to my old inbred, this bike is way lighter. (same wheels/equiv. groupset), and geometry is spot on for me.

I initially had the intention of buying the build, selling of the frame and getting a steel frame. I won’t be doing that now, as I prefer the ride to my old inbred, plus it fits me really well.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

what is the decal like on the 2008/9 model i just cant get my head round the silver on white thing.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

DAVE66
    Free Member

went to look at them last week, very classy looking frame about 3 lbs and high quality finish. triple butted, externally hydoformed and stronger “tweaked” alloy. To be honest I really want one but just a bit more than I was intending to pay. viewing recommended

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Dave66 what did you think to the Merlin decal is it a sticker or painted on and is the white gloss white?

DAVE66
    Free Member

I didnt have my reading glasses with me so I couldn’t swear but I thought stickers. I thought the whole package (kitted with SLX) looked subtle and felt light but still looked aggressive and racey if that makes sense. I still might get one if I can get round the wife, at the moment I’m looking at getting a Lobster for over £200 less. someone has put loads of pics on flicr of theirs, gives a good idea. lots of detailing on them nothing like the malt 1 or 2. very contempory looking. want one even more now I’m talking about it.
    asked about the ride and was told they do have some rear compliance but track and hold a line really well at speed. (I should get a discount for this :)) oh yes and it’s gloss white

Oggles
    Free Member

It is gloss white, very nice paint. I seem to remember the graphics are decals underneath the clearcoat.

nickname
    Free Member

I’ve just uploaded some pics here http://www.flickr.com/photos/nichb

Sorry about the dodgy camera phone. This is the 2009 model I guess – at least that’s what I asked for 🙂

DAVE66
    Free Member

you would definitely cry if you scratched it 😀

nickname
    Free Member

It got a bit muddy yesterday so I gave it a bath 😉

frenchie
    Free Member

Got a Merlin Malt frame for sale if you are after one.

see classified

DAVE66
    Free Member

nickname
    what do you think of the ride?
    is it harsh or not too bad.
    I’m having a nightmare deciding which way to go with this years work cycle scheme. always fancied an SL Lobster but now don’t know? ❓
    I was really taken with the malt it just looked real quality.

Ed2001
    Free Member

I had a a malt 4, a lovely black one, and now have a handjob amongst other bikes.Which is better?, honestly I really don’t know I think because they both are very good frames although I personnally think the price hike on the handjob makes it rather expensive compared to the malt 4.They are different rides but the malt 4 will build in to a great hardtail for a lot less than the handjob. For me though I prefer my black version compared to the current white one though. The malt 4 with reba teams in the sale section looks a REALLY good ride and cracking value.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Why should i buy a Merlin Malt 4 frame?’ is closed to new replies.