Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Why does the media insist on telling us (the public) what celebrities think…
  • unfitgeezer
    Free Member

…on the BBC news James Cordon is sprouting all sorts of stuff, who gives a stuff what he thinks or any other celebrities think !
    For the record hes become a tax exile now living in America ! At least have a UK based celeb give their thoughts !

Ranting – I blame my medication 😯

Do you care what celebrities think/say ?

jimfrandisco
    Free Member

i think you can probably guess what the response from STW will be 😉

jam-bo

i blame the rise of 24 hour rolling news coverage.

choppersquad
    Free Member

Of course we care.
    How would I know what coffee machine to buy without the totally unbiased views of George Cloony?

verses

I almost posted this thread too.

Why James Cordon in particular? It’s the 3rd or 4th time his opinion/thoughts have been front page news on the beeb just lately.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

I think they provide a valuable contribution, giving the common wo/man’s view of the world on an international stage.

atlaz
    Free Member

For the record hes become a tax exile now living in America !

I thought he was living in the US because that’s where his work is. Or is anyone who works overseas a tax exile?

hols2
    Free Member

Jamie
    Free Member

I need to know what Ja Rule’s thoughts are.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mo-ddYhXAZc[/video]

kerley
    Free Member

I thought he was living in the US because that’s where his work is. Or is anyone who works overseas a tax exile?

And as he is earning in US and no doubt still getting income from some interests in UK he has 2 lots of tax to deal with. Unless of course he manages to evade it all as unfitgeezer is implying?

P-Jay
    Free Member

For the same reason they “The News never reports atrocities unless they’re in the West” when they actually do. The media will push whatever engages the most people.

He’s big news at the moment, after a shakey start he’s done very well in the US and is back in the UK at the moment to do a version of it in London.

willard

Sadly, we (as a nation) are shallow enough now that we lap this shizzle up. News outlets know this, commission more of it, which makes u want more, which makes them do more of it…

You get the idea.

I used to listen to Radio 4 in the car every morning and watch the news on TV at night. It’s got so that I would rather numb my senses with music instead. Hell, about the only news sources I really trust now are Associate Press and Reuters.

maccruiskeen

It’s not so much that news agencies seek out celebrities for comment. PR agencies put them forward – if a politician is interviewed on a topic they’ll be challenged on the view they are presenting. For some reason a celeb wion’t – they say their piece – that’s it. Same way they they get humoured if they’re promoting their latest show/film/book they just announce it. They don’t get challenged on whether it’s any good.

Mister-P
    Free Member

James Cordon is sprouting all sorts of stuff

Maybe he’s branching out?

chrismac

I agree. Why would anyone care what some celbs opinion on anything is. Its no different to asking my next door neighbour to appear on TV to give their views.

Jamie
    Free Member

Maybe he’s branching out?

Please leave.

DezB
    Free Member

It’s not for us… *Whisper* It’s for them

BillMC

I haven’t noticed any celebs coming out shouting for the Tories not that I’ve looked very hard. Celebs do it via press releases, it gives them media shelf-space and it’s a cheap source of ‘news’ for the outlets. Infotainment is good for filling the population’s heads with bullshine.

jekkyl

AHAAAAAAAA !!!!

lucorave
    Free Member

James Cordon

That’s the restriction area we put around the Bloke with bad B.O. in accounts.

CountZero

The only people who’s opinions matter to me are those with a strong science, technology or art background where there’s no significant political bollocks to get in the way of the information I’m actually interested in.

hols2
    Free Member

The only people who’s opinions matter to me are those with a strong science, technology or art background where there’s no significant political bollocks to get in the way of the information I’m actually interested in.

Anyone who likes bacon should be given a voice too.

flanagaj
    Free Member

who gives a stuff what he thinks or any other celebrities think !

+1

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

mind control.

johndoh
    Free Member

who gives a stuff what he thinks or any other celebrities think

But of course, judging by the countless celebrity magazines available, many of us *do* care.

andytherocketeer

Must be cheaper for the Beeb to monitor Twitter trending topics and scour a handful of tweets to cut+paste than to buy stories from Reuters etc.

smogmonster

Steve Coogan, Ricky Gervais, Gary Lineker, Russell Brand, Bob Geldof et al, all media luvvies determined they know better than the public. Every single one should be banned from trying to influence voting.

kerley
    Free Member

Steve Coogan, Ricky Gervais, Gary Lineker, Russell Brand, Bob Geldof et al, all media luvvies determined they know better than the public. Every single one should be banned from trying to influence voting.

I would prefer for them to influence people over the Daily Mail, so ban that first.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Why does the media insist on telling us (the public) what celebrities think…’ is closed to new replies.