Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • why do you love riding?
  • philconsequence
    Free Member

Why do you love riding?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Dunno. Just do. 🙂

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

It gives me an excuse to wear lycra.

Specifically…

wwaswas

because I get to experience that feeling I had the first time I ever rode a bike without stabilisers and my mum took me to the park and I rode up and down the path beside the school for what felt like hours.

I was 7 and it felt like freedom and challenge and success.

And it still does 38 years later.

Junkyard
    Free Member

helps me meet well balanced and reasonable folk via the internet

5thElefant
    Free Member

Love? Steady on.

It’s better than an exercise bike.

molgrips
    Free Member

My my Yeti you have a small arse.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Pert though…….

philconsequence
    Free Member

Sweet :mrgreen:

it makes me feel like a kid
    every hill is an achievement
    you can have as much fun on a bike that costs less than your friends forks
    i get to play in the woods
    i get to play with my friends
    when i ride my brain stops thinking about work, family illness, death and other such rubbish
    i’ve started loving nature more than BR (before riding)
    i’m happier than BR
    i’m fitter and less flabby than BR
    my friends that i’ve suckered into riding are happier than BR
    i find myself laughing to myself without realising when riding
    its an activity i can share with mrsconsequence
    i’ve met new friends through riding
    i get to freewheel down hills with my feet sticking out shouting “WEEEE!”
    i get to ride in the snow, rain and mud
    i could go on an on….. 😀

binners

I’m a masochist. I don’t actually like riding. Just the falling off bit. You should see my scars.

Cut Gate tonight. There’s not a cat in hells chance of me making it down without launching myself over the bars. COOL! 😀

mrmo
    Free Member

Time to think, opportunity to vent frustration or chill out depending on the day. Not to fast that you miss things our too slow that you don’t see that much.

Cars do have a place but bikes allow you to interact with the world in a way driving or to an extent walking can’t.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

No silly.. that’s a manakin! I’ve had my detachable hands replaced with hooks 🙄

I’ll take a picture of my bum in it this evening if you wish.

stcolin
    Free Member

Actually sometimes I hate it.

FML

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Beacuae when I broke my back and my neck in a car crash several years ago, I never thought I would be able to again.

But I can.

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

Makes me grin, stops me getting stressed. End of

joolsburger
    Free Member

It’s a bit Zen either because you’re pushing hard and don’t have time to think or because you’re bimbleing and have time not to think.

That and the stuff — Mmmmmmshiny

wrightyson
    Free Member

FTG (for the grin). Still makes me smile after nearly dying on a climb to then enjoy the whoosh as you rattle down the other side!!

philconsequence
    Free Member

BoardinBob

It’s the closest I’ll ever get to being a kid again, playing on my bike in the woods with my mates.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

It’s the closest I’ll ever get to being a kid again

Wait until you hit old age and have to start wearing nappies again.

Karinofnine

It saved my life – probably (but has tried to take it a few times too).
    It gave me independence and freedom.
    I have met some brilliant people (and expect to meet lots more).
    I feel empowered because I can fix my bike if it breaks (not disenfranchised like I feel when I look under the bonnet of my car).
    It fills my tummy with smiles which bubble up and sometimes even actually burst out as a full-on laugh.
    The technical aspect suits me, for I am a geek.

becky_kirk43
    Free Member

Cus riding bikes makes me smile 😛
    Not when this is what I see through the window though…

then it makes me sad that I can’t ride without getting wet 🙁

timraven

Just an endorphin and adrenalin junkie and it lets me be a complete idiot and boast about it after.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Zero emissions? Try following someone on a 24hr around dawn and tell me that there are zero emissions. 😯

mogrim

Zero emissions? Try following someone on a 24hr around dawn and tell me that there are zero emissions

lol, they’re also made by fairies from space dust, no mining or welding involved. And the engine doesn’t need feeding, either…

OP: I spend all week in an office, wearing a suit. Nice to get muddy or dusty at the weekend in the fresh air. And cleaning a climb is a great feeling.

Kato

It makes me smile and I like spending money on shiny stuff

grum
    Free Member

Because sometimes it makes me literally whoop with delight like a little kid.

wallop

The beer at the end is justified.

Junkyard
    Free Member

you can eat lots of cake and not end up looking like most of you lot.

grum
    Free Member

you can eat lots of cake and not end up looking like most of you lot.

You can only eat shit cakes when you’re a vegan though. You’d look like me if you were able to eat anything nice.

Wheelie-good
    Free Member

Because every once in a while when the planets align and you hit a bit of trail just right and you think “Wow I’m good at this!” Then seconds later you screw up and realise you are just human, or for the moments when you are riding alone and you feel like the whole world is yours!

Junkyard
    Free Member

You can make some ace vegan cakes actually but the jist is correct

loddrik
    Free Member

Because today, I barely saw another soul out on the trails, I had a big smile on my face and it looked bloody pretty, just like so…

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Freedom init
    And being in the moment

mikeclarke
    Free Member

It keeps ya fit without spend shit loads on gym membership and it get u places a car cant….life without a mtb would be crap-some say i should maybe get a good lady instead i think the two go hand in hand!! 😛

nicky
    Free Member

Just love the feeling of the freedom and getting away from the everyday world. The sense of acheivement and taking in the beautiful countryside most of the time not seeing anyone else. Its a escape from normality. Just been to Wales for a week of biking round Brecon, Afan and Cwmcarn and just didn’t want to go home. And of course the adrenaline rush its a great feeling to. Just love biking and of course my fab bike for being brilliant. 😀

nicko74

For being able to do exercise in a fun way

…which in turn comes from that feeling of the first bit of singletrack that you hit in the day – the swoopiness of it – or that buzz you get from clearing a tricky section of gnarrrrrrr, or the secret thrill from fluking it round a bend as your rear wheel washes out and you just catch it in time to look like a god.

philconsequence
    Free Member

glad i’m not the only one that ends up laughing to myself without realising when out on the trails :mrgreen:

donsimon
    Free Member

Because it allows me to wear lycra.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

+1 BLY Freedom

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘why do you love riding?’ is closed to new replies.