Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • WHY DO THEY DO IT? rant
  • mikee
    Free Member

why do manufactures/importers fit bloody trail park tyres to their bikes
    at point of sale
    jesus christ i mean can we not have proper bloody off road rubber fitted

MrNutt
    Free Member

mine came with WTB Timberwolfs, perhaps you’re buying the wrong kind of bike? 😉

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

mikee – Member
    why do manufactures/importers fit bloody trail park tyres to their bikes
    at point of sale
    jesus christ i mean can we not have proper bloody off road rubber fitted

Eh?

MrNutt – Member
    mine came with WTB Timberwolfs,

Terrible tyres imo.

Jamie
    Free Member

Its all noise to me.

mikey74
    Free Member

Probably because they know that it is the first thing people will swap out to their preferred choice and therefore put the cheapest option on.

MrNutt
    Free Member

GNARGNAR, hmm would have to disagree there, fantastic in the mucky stuff! (shame they are only as tubes though)

avdave2

Because no one can ever agree what tyres are best so there is no point in fitting good tyres because the minute you have your new bike you are going to come on here and ask what tyres for blah blah blah blah……

Can it be long before we see top end bikes without tyres just as we see them without pedals/

MrNutt
    Free Member

that would make sense to me, Pace do frame, headset, fork & rims that kind makes sense to me.

oh got the first roll of colour prints back the other day from my initial Zenit run, most are way off (as I didn’t read the manual) but there’s about four that have really “got something” 🙂

nickc

What’s a Trail Park Tyre?

avdave2

I didn’t know the Zenit was modern enough to take colour film, did you have it chipped?

oldgit
    Free Member

Probably sell larger quantities in sunnier climes. Know what you mean though.

cannondaleking
    Free Member

i blame the directers of the companys tey have the final say and cut corners to keep prices right. and any good bike shop worth there salt will normally do an upgrade free or for cost when you get a new bike ut do agree its anoiying having to change to swap out parts on a new bike to get it right hence i build my on how i want them just easier in the long run

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

MrNutt – Member
    GNARGNAR, hmm would have to disagree there, fantastic in the mucky stuff! (shame they are only as tubes though)

S’pose everyone rides differently so each to his own. I thought they were just awful….on everything. Very poor pinch flat protection too. I normally keep tyres until they are well worn but I chucked the WTBs out after a few weeks.

MrNutt
    Free Member

chipped? nope, its a 1998-80 model, no battery, no electric 100% manual 🙂 it seems to capture something wholly emotive, I’m really pleased with it, can’t wait to see if any more have been developed tomorrow, I’m also gonna see if I can find a desktop scanner and I’ll post up some of the results 🙂

sodafarls
    Free Member

“What’s a Trail Park Tyre?”

Kenda Nevegal probably. An unfashionable option that is specced on a lot of bikes that actually works in a multitude of conditions. Apart from mud, which is rare in the aforementioned environment.

MrNutt
    Free Member

If I’m honest about the timberwolfs I only ran them for about three rides then swapped the enter wheel set for UST!

GlenMore
    Free Member

I thought most folk on here only rode trail parks anyway? That’s the impression I get from the number of threads about the 7 Stanes, Afan, Cwmcarn etc.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘WHY DO THEY DO IT? rant’ is closed to new replies.