Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • Why do some posters have to be such …
  • spacemonkey

… w4nkers?

I've just joined another forum to get some legal advice and one particular poster (who appears to have been around a bit judging by his high post count) slammed my post and said he hopes I fail in my appeal! What a w4nker.

What is it with some people?

ton

name, shame.

project
    Free Member

He knows he will never meet you, and hides behind a cloak of annonymity,

Where as i would say to your face what i write,but then i never try to upset people, well not everyone.

spacemonkey

name, shame.

It's on another forum and I'm not one for naming unless it absolutely warrants it.

i never try to upset people, well not everyone.

Same here.

scaredypants

giz a clue then – maybe we can all vote on your post ?

spacemonkey

I should add that this isn't some petty b0ll0cks – it's £20000+ worth of issue I'm looking to sort out. Hence numpties with nothing valuable to add can FRO … hence the rant …

duntstick
    Free Member

Sometimes other peoples opinions are valid, it's an open forum , you posted on it. I know nowt about what you are referring to but………"Calm down dear"

And good luck with your case

project
    Free Member

Spacemonkey your e actually David Laws partner/not.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

if the forum you're on about is moneysavingsexpert, then it's a regular occurance apparently.

CountZero

Just suggest that, if he has nothing of value to offer, then he finds himself a nice splintery stick, a nice quiet corner and sodomises himself with it.

spacemonkey

I've calmed down now.

There might be a fair few things I'd do for money, but batting for the other side isn't one of them. And no, it's not MSE – I've used it in the past (can't remember what for) and all was well.

project
    Free Member

Batting for the other side, roadies or cricket.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I know what you mean. There's a post I'd put on here regarding a nurse (who's my missus) & some bother she's been having at work, but I just know some dikwipe will (rack his brain cell &) come up with some sarcy remark!

earl_brutus
    Free Member

wee in his shoes?

meehaja
    Free Member

if it involves nursing, unison legal advice are very good, RCN can offer good advice as well. HTH

As for people being male chicken types for the sake of it, there are male chickens in all walks of life, but more in internet forums it seems. Less here though, as most of the people on here may differ in opinion and politics here, but as a rule, most of us ride bikes, and therefore are good people!

soobalias
    Free Member

legal advice? £20K?

your post is shite and i hope your appeal fails.

hth.

Cougar

It's funny how obnoxious some people can be when they're not in reach of a good punch in the mouth.

Jamesy
    Free Member

internet forums are full of knobs ( not all thankfully, stw world has some real nice folk but its fair share of knob jockeys too 🙂 just take it with a pinch of salt bud

joolsburger
    Free Member

There is a poster on a hifi forum I sometimes visit who is the worst person I've ever come across in every way. He is he most reprehensible, arrogant and odious little shit. I don't go there any more largely because of his presence, it's a shame but there are loads of them out there..

binners

Internet forums are populated almost entirely by idiots. I'm always on here for a start. And I'm an absolute tool!!! If anyone actually paid any notice to anything I said, they need there bloody head testing.

And just one word: Hora 🙂

spacemonkey

Yeah, we all know STW has its fair share of c0ckhead comments at times, but IMO there's enough humour and random sh1t going on that you just find something else to crack on with. It's almost like being down the virtual pub …

Jamesy
    Free Member

here here space monkey , oh and binners I enjoy your posts and even horas occasionally 🙂

Coyote
    Free Member

To be fair I've found that if genuine advice is sought on here then the answers are generally quite positive and useful. Even had a couple of forumites contact me off-line over stuff rather than post on thread. There are very few *genuine* knobs on here and they tend to be obnoxious rather than funny.

You could do a lot worse than ask on here Spacemonkey.

konabunny
    Free Member

I oscillate between being a self-obsessed twerp and being quite helpful. Weirdly, I'm never quite sure which category a post falls into until after the event. ❓

Meanwhile: free legal advice off t'internet is 80% crap. Moneysavingexpert and car forums are particularly bad for barroom lawyers cutting and pasting any old crap from anywhere and telling you it's Teh Law.

hora
    Free Member

I am a Doctor, raconteur and sometime serial-womaniser.

Sadly in person you would out me as a sharalton and a fake.

Do you get the jist re forums?

DrJ

Well, I don't know why it is, maybe the shared passion for biking, or something, but I find that on this forum, even when there is a pitched battle, and name-calling and teddies thrown into corners, there is still the feeling that at the end of the day everyone would be happy to go to the pub and enjoy each others Real Life company. On another forum I just got banned from, I wouldn't give the other contributors the steam off my piss.

Group hug …

Jamie
    Free Member

hora:

Sadly in person you would out me as a sharalton and a fake.

It's charlatan. Y'know, like the band.

Bedds
    Free Member

There's a lad on a safety forum I visit.. he knows **** all but posts continuously with crap like "I can't help but I'm sure someone can"

fcking genius

bullheart
    Free Member

What the sweet baby Jesus is a 'sharalton' hora?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I suspect it was "shar" as in "sharon"

Then finger dyslexia with the "a" and the "l"

Then a simple phonetic gaff with the "ton" instead of "tan"

Spelling nazis…pfft 🙂

ourkidsam
    Free Member

What's a safety forum?

binners

Regular Forum Poster in Semi-literate, Appalling Spelling and Grammar Shocka!

😀

hora
    Free Member

I am however a keen Pingu impressionist and often attend the national association of Pingu impressonators throughout the country.

Junkyard
    Free Member

we do get keyboard warriors on here but you often dont realise that poeple know wech oiher in the real world and the banter between them is much worse. I did find it OTT at forst here but then quickly joined in with it. I also agree with project [see anything can happen on here] that I would be willing to say anything I post here to a person face to face but when I know someone the banter is worse as they know you dont mean it etc. You often get useful advice on here and I agree you feel everyone would just go for a ride and have a laugh about stuff and leave it at that rather than have a fight.

binners

When myself and Hora meet in person (as we often do for a creme de menthe of an evening, or afternoon tea and scones) we're a model of polite decorum and practice impeccable manners. We only abuse each other on here.

Isn't that right you screaming, cross-dressing nob-jockey?

hora
    Free Member

I'll stick your cigs up your ass in a minute! LIT 😯

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

It's easy to be abusive on-line. It's funny unexpectedly meeting someone that's been "ard" in real life though 😈

pitduck
    Free Member

what, like surf matt you mean 😆

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

what, like surf matt you mean

I don't often meet myself – unless I have a mirror handy

takisawa2

Creme de menthe, taken in the evening.
    Whatever next.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Why do some posters have to be such …’ is closed to new replies.