• This topic has 130 replies, 76 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by juan.
Viewing 11 posts - 121 through 131 (of 131 total)
  • Why do people wear lycra shorts?
  • aracer
    Free Member

Tell you what; you do what no-one else has ever done, and do a study on how much faster Lycra is for MTBing, then come back with the results

You don’t set the toughest challenges. I did a proper academic study of the fastest riders in the world at the highest profile mountain bike event in the world and 100% of the riders on the podium at every single running of the event were wearing lycra.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Yeah, but only cos it’s comfier, faster drying/wicking and that, not cos of it’s aerodynamic properties ffs! 😆

But we’re talking about ‘normal’ mtbers here, not mentalists. Most of us don’t want to look like spods out on the trails, frightening sheep, dogs, children and old ladies. 😐

aracer
    Free Member

Most of us don’t want to look like spods out on the trails

So stay at home – problem solved. Do sheep, children and old ladies pay the least bit of attention to what you’re wearing? More to the point, why are you so worried about what the sheep, children and old ladies think of you.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Do sheep, children and old ladies pay the least bit of attention to what you’re wearing?

Yes they do. And although I myself am well buff, I think others need to be responsible and considerate of others.

So stay at home

No you stay at home.

aracer
    Free Member

No you stay at home

But that won’t solve the problem of you looking like a spod out on the trails 😉

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I don’t look like a spod on the trails though. Whatever I wear.

You do though.

juan
    Free Member

Be biased though as the quicker riders already wear Lycra

Well the second wasn’t, shame I can’t remember what was the first wearing.

binners

Be biased though as the quicker riders social inadequate wannabees already wear Lycra

FTFY 😀

njee20
    Free Member

Are we supposed to just know what you’re talking about?! Presumably the National Baggy Wearing Championships?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

You two still at it? 😆

juan
    Free Member

You two still at it?

Yup it amuses me

Viewing 11 posts - 121 through 131 (of 131 total)

The topic ‘Why do people wear lycra shorts?’ is closed to new replies.