Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • why do my xt brakes wobble?
  • julianwilson
    Free Member

my 7 or eight rides old xt m765 brake callipers both seem to wobble. This looks like 2-3 mm backwards and forwards at the tyre end if you haul on the brakes and look between the tyre and the chainstay bridge or bridge between the lower legs of the fork.

-So i know its not the fork or headset as it is noticeable between the lowers and the back does it too.
    -Both callipers and bothe adaptors are done up nice and tight, no wobble if you hold your hand around the calliper and squeeze brake/wobble back and forth.
    -Both centerlok rotors on super-tight and a nice snug fit even before you put the lockring on.
    -Both hubs serviced and cones done up just right.

The only thing I can think it could be is the pads (which are the ones that came with the brakes) rocking back and forth in the calliper a tiny bit, which comes out as a not so tiny bit 11 inches away at the edge of the tyre. Or stoopid centerlock rotors (also m765) coming loose on the spiders?

-Has anyone else had this?

-Will my brakes continue to work? (they honk a bit in the wet but fine at the moment)

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

It is normal for the pads to move a bit in the calipers – after all they need a sliding clearance – also it is possible to have movement on the splines of the centrelock rotors – again there is a sliding clearance

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘why do my xt brakes wobble?’ is closed to new replies.