Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Who's watching Children in need ?
  • unfitgeezer
    Free Member

We are !

Boys have their ears on
    Wife has her wine
    I’ve taken my prescribed medication so I’ll be a wreck in an hour or so.

Happy watching

hammyuk
    Free Member

Nope – in Chimichangas ordering food then into the cinema for Fantastic Beasts and Where to find them!

sparkyspice
    Free Member

My daughter raised £1200 doing a 5km Sup, 10km bike ride and then 5km run.

Watching it gives the kids a sense of things outside the bubble they live in and how lucky they are…

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/MillieSpice

fadda

We’re watching it until the dust gets too bad…

wilburt
    Free Member

Nah but I did put a tenner in the box at BQ after they under charged me (by a lot!)

roger_mellie

Sparkyspice, that’s a cracking total!

john_drummer
    Free Member

Nope. Never have never will. Happy to donate but no way to watching it

spacemonkey

Wow, that’s a mightily impressive effort from Millie.

Re OP, was watching CIN until 2 hrs ago. Wish I could afford to give more.

footflaps

Wow, that’s a mightily impressive effort from Millie.

+1

Good effort!

sparkyspice
    Free Member

footflaps – Thank You for your donation!! Millie is stoked!
    Her total is now £1351.02 + £231.25 Gift Aid

People’s generosity has been amazing and it restores your faith in the world.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

I know it’s a good cause but all those millionaires telling us normal folk to give what they can just gets on my tits.

theotherjonv

Unfortunately millionaires are the way to access a lot of the public purse, hence the need not just for the big names presenting the evening but all those charity figureheads, etc. Many of whom do far more than just allow their name to be on the letterhead and website.

Plus, I know the boss of a large charity and while he’s a top bloke I wouldn’t allow him to have the stage for an hour’s worth of Friday TV, his material would never stand up and having to look at his face for that long – you’d be begging to have another heart rending tale on very quickly. “NO! Not more of that, show us another film about childhood cancers!”

So for that reason alone I’m going to say it’s a good thing.

footflaps

I know it’s a good cause but all those millionaires telling us normal folk to give what they can just gets on my tits.

Simple solution, don’t watch. We don’t. Still donate though.

sparkyspice
    Free Member

JK £20
    CL £30
    I’m not sure who you are (I can’t seem to stalk you on Facebook), so I presume you’re from STW.

Thanks for your donations! My daughter is very grateful – if a little bemused! – as to why someone that she’s never met, wishes to donate to her Children in Need total. I explained that by her getting off her backside (while millions of others do sod all) and doing her little triathlon she’s helped lots of kids who she’ll never know or will ever meet is essentially the same thing.

To those that don’t care for modern day telethons, I know where you’re coming from. I used to watch Comic Relief etc and always wanted to fast forward to the funny bits. I really was missing the point. Starving African children covered in flies and living with no hope just didn’t bother me when I was 18. Even Bob Geldof screaming “Give us your ++++++++ money” had little impact on me. Now I’ve got two healthy, outgoing, smart girls I realise just how lucky we are in this little bubble that we live in. I’m happy to donate and share the love.

The irony that Children in Need needs “Stars” to host and take part in these shows (paid or otherwise) is not lost. However, f it means that the “X-Factor generation” join in and share the love too, then it’s a means to an important end.

PS Millie’s total is now £1401.02 plus £243.75 in Gift Aid

GrahamS

Watched some of it because the kids had been doing Children In Need events at school.

God it was awful. Much worse than I remember.
    Light entertainment at its lightest.

Some of the stories were absolutely heartbreaking though.
    Our girls got an extra cuddle before bed that night.

bonzodog
    Free Member

Matt & the Rickshaw Challenge team are hero’s that always manage to put a lump in my throat and then get me to get my wallet out. I think Matt Baker should be knighted.

They raised £3.5 million this year. (Times that by 100 and they’d be able to fund the redecoration for a billionaires palace). Unbelievable.

sparkyspice
    Free Member

RedTed – Thank You.
    Millie says “Thanks so much -you’ve donated to a good cause and have donated to children who are less fortunate than me”.

A couple of hours ago we found out that a friend of ours had passed away last night, having had cancer for 3 years. She was in her early forties and her children play with our on the beach in the summertime etc. Cancer is horrible.

Millie’s first question was “Will my children in need money go to help Herbie and Ellis?” She was referring to a piece in the show that helped young kids with the grieving process when one or both of their parents had died… If everyone thought in this selfless manner the world would be a better place.

Thanks to everyone who’s donated. Today more than ever, makes it even more poignant.
    STW – The gift that keeps on giving

thegreatape
    Free Member

Not me, can’t find it – what channel is it on?

sparkyspice
    Free Member

If people spent less time on photoshop and more time helping others etc etc etc…

I once saw someone shoplifting from a charity shop. I consider this tripe to be in the same league. Making up a news story to sell a paper is low, even by the standards of the Sun.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Who's watching Children in need ?’ is closed to new replies.