Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Who's regret splitting/divorcing partner – update
  • austinburner
    Free Member

Posted this some four years ago now & thought about the responses recently.
    The post is now closed but quite a few of you responded.
    It’s been a life changing period of my life but am very pleased to say I am still with my wife & my two boys.
    The bottom line is they are my world & through some vey bad decisions, I nearly lost them.
    If anyone experiences this, never give up. It takes an enormous amount of work love & understanding to put it right.
    Seeking advice on line is great for practical stuff but when you are in a dark place, be careful of what you post & the responses. Everybody’s experiences are different……

jambalaya
    Free Member

Chapeau to you. As you say everyone is different and whilst you can get lots of advice it’s you who has to make a decision. Best wishes for 2017 and beyond.

Personally I am delighted to be divorced. Now very happily remarried.

orangespyderman

I’m genuinely pleased for you. For you all. It’s great to know what really matters, and while some things matter a little, it’s important to put them below the things that really matter, but often, as you say, takes effort.

RobHilton
    Free Member

Love conquers all – YAY!

Very happy for you

aracer
    Free Member

I’m still in much the same situation as on the previous thread 🙁 Though I think I’ve now at least accepted I have to do something about it at some point fairly soon.

shermer75
    Free Member

Good work sir! 🙂

BigDummy
    Free Member

I’ve just read the old thread.

Goodness, there’s some sad stories around in this place. 🙁

I’m glad the OP has thought things over and is happily where he was.

Personally, this thread has prompted me to look back over some of my old stuff on here, 6 years ago, when I broke up with my wife. We got things back together because of a strange brew of loneliness, guilt and her (mostly) making some changes, but 6 years on we’ve been broken up for good about 6 months. I’m definitely staying out this time. I’ve been taught how happy I can actually feel, and I’m not going back to feeling intermittently just about OK and obsessing over whether things will ever get better.

Keep your chins up folks. XX

crankboy
    Free Member

I can’t recall if I contributed to the last thread but my position is similar to jambalaya’s my divorce was the second best thing I have ever done , my second marriage/relationship being the first .
    There is no way I would have been happy if I had remained in my first marriage .
    As you say all relationships are different.

badnewz
    Free Member

I remember the original post. Some very sad stories, I sometimes return to it when looking for justification for why I’m single! How suddenly love can turn to hate.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Who's regret splitting/divorcing partner – update’ is closed to new replies.