Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)
  • Who's racing in 2011….the usual lot?
  • oldgit
    Free Member

It was always the same old lot racing in 2010. So are there any new faces giving it some this year?

I was going to call it a day, with the exception of the local cross league, and ride audax for the first time ever.
    So I’ve been putting in huge mileage since Christmas, then Sunday I averaged 19+ mph over 100km on the last of the RT’s. That was riding on my tod, so I think I might be able to just survive another year. Pass the Ladyshave.

crazy-legs

Been doing a bit of track racing, just the Monday League stuff but kind of letting that go now (partly cos the weather is getting nice again, partly cos I’m rubbish at the shorter races!).

I’ll try my hand at some crit racing again, it’s been a while since I did any so I’ll head over to the Tameside League on Tuesday nights when they start.

Oh and the Three Peaks CX obviously. 🙂

epicyclo

Yeah, not dead yet, so I’ll keep going.

Getting slower every year now…

🙂

flip
    Free Member

Good on ya, i really miss racing but seem to have lost my oomph.

Was good while it lasted though 😉

CarryGrant
    Free Member

I was having a go at my first SXC races this year starting at Kirroughtree this month…..then I broke my arm :(. Ask again next year.

singlecrack
    Free Member

I may have a go this year .
    Not raced since the mid 90’s so prob be a shock

pinches
    Free Member

doing BUCs XC in a weeks time, signed up for mountain mayhem, gorrick summer XC series, possibly bristol bike fest (but i’d have to do solo 12hr?!)

simondbarnes

I’ll do a bit of TTing and then ‘cross again from September.

oldgit
    Free Member

Not raced since the mid 90’s so prob be a shock

Pah, it’ll be like you’ve never been away 😕

Rorschach
    Free Member

Hav’nt fully decided yet.
    Bored with crc marathons but they’re local so probably.
    The enduro series is going to be sketchy so I’ll wait a year.
    10@ kirroughtree definately.
    Kielder 100 definately.
    Passing on 3 peaks (hav’nt recovered from last year!) and the dyfi (good result but did’nt enjot it).
    Maybe some sportives and circuit racing.
    Maybe some bmx racing.
    Main focus is being fit and ready for a full assault on next winters nw cx league-I will get top ten or die trying

MrSparkle

Got 2 fell races under me belt so far this year. Number three is on Saturday. All being well I’ll complete our club fell champs for the first time in donkeys. If nowt else it’ll get me a bit fitter for t’3 Peaks come September, which is the only race I really care about, tbh.

trickydisco
    Free Member

I’m giving it a go this year. I’m going to do Some 4th cat races/crits some xc events and maybe a bit of track.

singlecrack
    Free Member

The only thing I remember is the pain …….;-(

flip
    Free Member

It’s funny i used to love the pain, used to push the big ring like a bitch.

The worse the conditions the more i liked it, the more others suffered the more it drove me on.

I had my son, I’m now a wus, i even won a race once 😉

Seems like there was something missing in my life to train so hard.

I found it.

simondbarnes

Main focus is being fit and ready for a full assault on next winters nw cx league-I will get top ten or die trying

I am determined to break into the top 70 on a regular basis next season 🙂

singlecrack
    Free Member

I threw up once crossing the finish line …LOL

Rorschach
    Free Member

I promise not to pinch your bum again Mr Barnes 😳
    I always throw up afterwards!

will
    Free Member

Mayhem, Sleepless, Midlands Series, Etape du Tour, Tuesday Time trailing, D2D, Enduro 6, Kielder 100

Really want to do more road racing mainly so i’ll be concentrating on that…

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

Im keen to give the road stuff a shot now I have my race license, but will see how it goes…suspect as soon as I can do any longer distance running I’ll want to focus on that. First apr on 20 march for me, not sure what to expect really, and short races aren’t my strong point.

Pooley
    Free Member

I’ll be doing similar stuff to previous years, some NPS, Enduro 6, BBF, MM. Local – ish Fully Sussed stuff, oh and a bit of road too. A fair bit when you write it down

ourmaninthenorth

Last year started full of promise with a road season ahead of me. Then Mrs North fell pregnant and was really ill with morning sickness and other issues, so it all sort of went away.

I’m now 2 stone overweight (and I thought anti-depressants were good for you…) and have about 50% of the base I need.

But, yesterday I signed up for a Mayhem team, and I’m determined to do more on the MTB this year. Going to try some XC races.

Not sure if I’ll get fit enough for road racing, TBH – maybe late season TLI.

Might do some midweek TTs near where I’m moving to. Cracking 10 course down the road.

Big focus is going to be the NW cross league this season. Just need to buy/build another bike….

oldgit
    Free Member

and short races aren’t my strong point.

Same here, one of the reasons I’ve lost some interest in road racing over the years. Races used to be much longer, and often started at a reasonable pace before really cranking it up. I have trouble keeping up with the new breed of faster rider. That might sound like a load of rubbish, but I definately struggle with the shorter stuff now.

gothandy

Bikefest 12h solo maybe and Kielder 100 definitely + some other stuff … 40 this year so something to prove or not as the case may be

ciderinsport
    Free Member

I retired in 1993, didn’t ride a bike for a decade, nearly doubled my weight, got into mtb’ing 3 years back – have done mayhem twice and torq in your sleep solo – then I retired again….
    Just doing meyhem (holding breath!) as a team of 10 this year and will attend other events to be pit stop drunk to my mates!!

Really excited to not have to get fit 😉

DWH
    Free Member

It’s my last year as Vet so I’ll struggle through the Midlands XC series, the Brownbacks series at Lee Quarry, a few of the Nationals and maybe a few of the Nutcracker XC in the North East. For a bit of R&R I’ll do Monday night at the track and maybe a few Tuesday evening TT’s.

I fully expect to get thrashed at everything 🙂

Edit: Just remembered there are some TLI events near Lincoln I could do – and there’s the FNSS too.

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Yeaugh…. racing…. did it lots once (mid 90’s)…. I was probably actually quite good at it…. Looking back though, I think all that racing and training was probably just a coping mechanism for dealing with my parents’ divorce.

Some 15+ years later, having been diagnosed with mysterious high BP, finding a history of heart disease in the family and recognising a frankly unhealthy level of super-competitiveness in my personality – I think I’ll give it a miss..

Enjoy.. 🙂

postierich
    Free Member

Whinlatter Enduro
    Dyfi Enduro
    12 Exposure
    SITS
    Keilder 100
    World SS

and a few CRC rides

Northwind

Trying to do more this year, I did 10 Under the Ben last year and didn’t really enjoy it much so I’ve been looking for different formats… Kicked off with the Innerleithen Racing enduro and did their mini DH race as well, so I think I’ll complete the set there with their mountain time trial…

Also signed up for the fort william endurance dh which is a bit scary, and hoping to do some of the Gravity Enduro series.

I feel like I’m flying the flag for the crap also-ran but those last 2 were a load of fun even coming in at the bottom of the table so hopefully I can keep that going. DH racing as a jumped up mincer seems to be a lot of fun

njee20
    Free Member

Yeah the usual: NPSs (although the dates are rubbish!), Southern XC, Nat Champs, got an entry in for Mayhem, the odd summer enduro, TT and crit.

I can’t wait! I’m far fitter than last year, love the new bike, keen to get going. Black Park XC race in 2 weeks, then NPS 2 weeks after that.

cp

triathlons again for me this year, mixing it up with some trailquests, possibly some ‘adventure’ training, and the odd xc race – midlands, brownbacks. Last year was shonky for training & didn’t go at all as planned so hoping this year I wont need to DNS as many races…

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

None, nada, zilch, big fat zero racing for me this year.

oddjob
    Free Member

Last year started well then ended in June with a slipped disc. I now have almost no riding in my legs. I have a long way to get back in shape and some weight to lose

Marmott in the summer, 12 hour mtb as a team of 3 in May and I’ll get a road racing license again, but it remains to be seen if I’ll get fast enough to risk using it!

flange
    Free Member

I’m going more gravity orientated this year, already done the FOD mini DH, the lyon round of the avalanche cup (!), Ae Gravity enduro and anything else I can get entered for. Maybe even a national…

Other than that, D2D, MSG and the Thetford winter series later in the year. And maybe Sherwood Pines at the end of the month…..

What new bike have you got Njee?

pixelmix
    Free Member

I’m a regular visitor to your racing post threads oldgit. I’ll be doing much the same in 2011 as in 2010 (and still mid-table mediocrity no doubt):-

– Done the Glentress Duathlon series over the winter
    – Signed up for the 6 Scottish XC races
    – Doing 10 Under the Ben as a pair (did 10@Kirroughtree last year as a trio) with a few other friends coming up in other teams too
    – Will probably do a couple of Scottish CX races which are close to home (I tried a couple on the singlespeed Inbred last year, but it would be nice to have a more suitable bike this year!)
    – Fancy the 7 hour race at Glentress in June too, possibly solo (eek).

That lot should keep me out of trouble. The Innerleithen TT sounds good, but I’m a bit short of funds this month. 🙁

njee20
    Free Member

What new bike have you got Njee?

2011 Top Fuel 9.9, just waiting for spokes for the new wheels (ZTR Podiums) and a chain guide for the single ring and I’ll get some photos up, so I can bask in the praise. Should get it under 20lbs with race tyres on!

Really impressed with it though, much stiffer front end than the old one, which I guess is down to the tapered steerer – who’d have thought these things would actually make a difference!

MSP

Never raced before, but this year I am doing the trans Germany and the trans Wales.

Will also do a couple of marathons early in the season, for preparation. I will do a couple of localish ones in germany and I have got a place in the Dyfi Enduro, but will have to see what the weather is like before coming back to the UK as I also want to ride the sarn hellen trail in the same trip. Would the Dyfi Enduro be ok with a rigid fork? I only want to bring my bikepacking bike with me.

Really looking forward to it all, although I am only looking to complete the events with a time rather than race.

flange
    Free Member

20lbs? – Sounds awesome. Is that a BB moounted chain device? I’ve got BB30/press fit shenanigans on my new bike and thus can’t run an E13 XCX. Notice MRP do a banded one..

And I’m now entered for the Enduro DH at fort bill….

njee20
    Free Member

Nah, it’s also got a press-fit BB.

Can’t decide between the Paul’s chain keeper with an extension (got the chain keeper – the extension may work, but will look rubbish, and may not work), the E13 XCX-ST which looks alright but is a rip off and the MRP 1X seat tube mount which looks rubbish, but is marginally cheaper and should definitely work!

Or… just making something myself!

finbar
    Free Member

No mtb-ing so i dunno if it counts, but i’ve got the Sheffield Varsity hillclimb at the end of March, and loads of fell/road running races coming up. I need to defend my title at the White Peak marathon in May, and i’ll do the Outlaw iron-distance triathlon again in August as well.

flange
    Free Member

I know what you mean about the E13 thing. Plus I’ve had about four different e13 products and they’ve all been rubbish. I fancy having a stab at making one myself – I bought one of the DMR seattube clamps and have made a cardboard mock-up. I just want to get some carbon sheet of some sort and I should be almost there. Should look a bit more pimp than the MRP, cost less than the E13 and weigh bugger all….hopefully

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Who's racing in 2011….the usual lot?’ is closed to new replies.