Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • WHO WOULD PAY 1 MILLION POUNDS FOR A CAR ?
  • neverfastenuff
    Free Member

Aston Martin 1-77, Ludicrous price ??

MrNutt
    Free Member

its all relative, what if an apple cost £2500.00?

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

MrNutt,
    A Tata will presumably cost less than 5k, a pittance really, but it most likely will get you to the end of your chosen journey, but would the £1m AM 1-77 do the same based on the awful reliability of the brand ?

psling
    Free Member

Didn’t an old Bugatti recently sell at auction for £3million plus?

I’ve never been one to question why anyone would spend whatever amount on anything – if you want something and can afford it, why not. If someone has splashed out on something you wouldn’t splash out on, what does it matter.

If I had a million to spare and wanted a particular car, then I’d buy it. That’s a hell of a big if though! 😉

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

The Buggatti Veyron is an exceptional car, I just cannot help thinking that the 1-77 is a bog standard set of mechanicals with a posh frock on.

donsimon
    Free Member

Maybe because you have so many other millions that spending only one on a car won’t damage your day to day living….

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

If I was a bank chairman with all the funds of the UK economy at my disposal, i might be tempted, if only to piss the poor people off

MrNutt
    Free Member

to be honest, they’ve gotta spend it while they can as all the off shore tax havens are about to get raped!

grizzlygus
    Free Member

Apparently 77 people would, as it’s completely sold out.

Personally, I wouldn’t spend that on a bike.

mboy
    Free Member

If £1million was pocket change to me as it is to a few people in this world, I wouldn’t think twice on spending it. Though I probably wouldn’t buy that new Aston in fairness.

As it is, if I EVER have £1million at all, I’ll be an extremely happy man, and I doubt very much it would be getting spent on a car!

steve_b77
    Free Member

According to one of the designers @ work whos mate who has a promotions company – they did the launch of the DB7 – the people who buy cars like that have the cash floating about, it’s not something they generally have to save for get on finance etc, they just buy them.

Talking to a lad @ a wedding I went to recently, who works for Bentley on the Arnarge Design team, they’ve had several orders canceled with a non-returnable 70k deposite, not because the buyers can’t afford them but because they can’t be seen to be spending 225k on a car when the business world is in financial turmoil.

IdleJon

“they’ve had several orders canceled with a non-returnable 70k deposite, not because the buyers can’t afford them but because they can’t be seen to be spending 225k on a car when the business world is in financial turmoil. “

Yeah right – when have people with obscene amounts of wealth had this sort of discretion?

steve_b77
    Free Member

When they own conpanies that aren’t giving their staff pay rises this year and are possibly making job cuts.

They do exist

NZCol

But the sort of people who can spend 1M on a car barely even have this register on their scale of wealth. My mate manages his brothers property business here in NZ, they buy upmarket properties to use as lodges, his bro is probably worth many hundreds of M’s so to him to have a DB7 sitting in the arage here being driven 4 weeks a year is nothing. We recently went and scoped out a new purchase just north of Auckland (we took our bikes as we needed to ‘look around’ and its a humungous farm !) and then that was bought for a shade under 30M…but to him its not really that big a deal. So its all relative. But if i had 1m i would be more interested in not working than buying a car !

Who would pay £1m for a car?

Arabs. Most of these super expensive limited edition cars end up in the Middle East.

samuri
    Free Member

what if an apple cost £2500.00?

Then you’d have to be stark raving mad to buy one.

http://store.apple.com/uk/browse/home/shop_mac/family/mac_pro?mco=MTE3MDQ

oh….

doctornickriviera
    Free Member

Jay Kay! And the gobby bugger will probably upset someone and get his windscreens smashed in a fit of rage!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Hmmmm, let me have a rummage down the back of the furniture…. 😉

bigrich

i personally refuse to spend any more than 900,000 on a car, as any increase in value after that tends to be incremental.

andylaightscat
    Free Member

some people would say “spend a thousand pounds on a bike who would do that?”
    all relative I suppose

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

what dialled mike said

i did the opening of the Mercedes SLR service centre and there was a car in their that had come back from the middle east after it’s owner had hit a rock at ‘some speed’

he had a spare one

😯

IdleJon

£1k on a bike isn’t the same as 1million on a car though is it? I’d say £10k on a bike might be more comparable. Would the function of a £10k bike make it worthwhile spending so much more than a £2k bike? (Off the top of my head, I can’t think of any £10k bikes, but you know what I mean!)

Back to the original thread, I can see where your coming from – 1million on a reworked Aston rather than on a brand new design (cf Bugatti). I’ve got to say that despite being interested in cars for years, Astons do very little for me, and I find it very difficult to see why they charge so much anyway. So no, I wouldn’t buy it. Perhaps if I had the money I might buy a classic Ferrari for a million, but I’d have to have an awful lot of money.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘WHO WOULD PAY 1 MILLION POUNDS FOR A CAR ?’ is closed to new replies.