Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Who uses a bell on their bike whenst out on the moors/forest/dales/downs….
  • Elfinsafety
    Free Member

some people are just bewildered and frightened by the world

It’s so true. I’ve had to give people on the spot counselling after they’ve bin traumatised by not knowing what to do. 😐

prettygreenparrot

I always used to take the bells off my bikes as a kid. Jumping ramps and riding trails made the things ‘ting’ something terrible.

I am tempted to put one of the marathon-style cowbells on my bike now though. I think the ‘why don’t you get a bell’ call from walkers is based on expectation. No way is the gentle tinkling of a bell more noticeable than the squealing of discs, rattling of a chain against the chain stays of a sub5 or the squeals of an elderly rider as he tries not to fall over at every bump.

With a bell I am concerned that I might reach the other end of the spectrum ‘why do you have to have that bell ringing in this beautiful, quiet countryside’?

Mounty_73

I could do with something loud!!

The amount of times I hear….’Oh I didnt hear your bell’….but I always approach slowly and shout good morning or afternoon, then they moan that I have scared them! 😉

rewski
    Free Member

I find my klaxon shocks people so much they literally fall out of the way. I also used to use a whistle but I nearly swallowed it after an over the bars incident.

edlong
    Free Member

Broke my bell, so now I call out “Ding Ding!” which seems to get a few smiles (and so far, no “f*** off”s)

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Who uses a bell on their bike whenst out on the moors/forest/dales/downs….’ is closed to new replies.