Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 77 total)
  • Who rode in then today?
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Me. Can I have my tough guy badge now please?

Drac

What for there’s no wind or rain?

cloudnine
    Free Member

Not a chance.. Already gusting 50mph+ in west wales

scotroutes

Beautiful clear skies this morning. Bit chilly though.

rOcKeTdOg

I’ve got today off 🙂

shermer75
    Free Member

I’m heading out in a bit, feeling a bit hesitant though- winds gusting at 50mph expected for the ride back…

shermer75
    Free Member

*here in London

Trimix
    Free Member

Driving a high roof transit to work was entertaining 🙂

atlaz
    Free Member

It’s hitting 60mph on the tops around here. When the offices take their flags down, you know riding is probably off the cards.

MoreCashThanDash

Good day for a run rather than a ride….

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Yep, was on the Brompton with the big bag on the front. Was like riding into a brick wall. At one set of lights, I swear I would go backwards if I wasn’t hanging on the brakes

molgrips
    Free Member

Waiting to put my bike on the train at Bristol I was holding the top tube and the wheels were not on the floor.

DrP

Me..though it’s only a 90 second commute.
    Today took about 2 minutes.

well’ard I am..

DrP

hammyuk
    Free Member

We had 40+ and 58 gusts through the night.
    Current actuals are still 34 with 56 gusts 😯
    My lads aren’t going outside today thats for sure!

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

I ended up shouting at the wind, telling it to give me a break. Didnt work, will try again on way home and update on progress.

tomd
    Free Member

I rode in (Edinburgh), one of the least unpleasant commutes of the new year. Wet roads but no wind, rain or ice.

Yesterday morning was grim though.

hjghg5
    Free Member

Yup, nowhere near as bad as yesterday’s ride.

miketually
    Free Member

I did.

Blue skies when I left home. Blue skies when I walked into work. Got soaked in the middle.

I walked in the other Friday when it was really windy, but it’s not too bad here this morning.

soundninjauk

I did. Bit chilly, bit breezy, but plenty of sunshine and blue skies from west to central London.

Swinley Forest on Saturday morning was a damp, muddy, sandy, grindy windfest though.

jimdubleyou

Gave it a miss today. Didn’t fancy riding home along the Embankment into an 90 kph headwind later on.

kiwijohn

Holiday down here so we went for a spin.

Stopped to eat blackberries.

Dibbs
    Free Member

Just got back from walking the dog on the Quantocks, horizontal stinging rain.

MoreCashThanDash

Turns out not much fun staggering running either…..

franki
    Free Member

Rode in today – as always.
    Almost blew me to a standstill at one point. Quite wet too. 😡

scruff
    Free Member

Uphill headwind made me about as near to being stopped as possible at one point. Was raining half the way and my main rear light lead pulled out and I didn’t notice.
    Tailwind on the way home

soulwood
    Free Member

I’ve ridden in for the last two days and will be riding in again later today. Routes that are usually sheltered but also climbs have become headwind battles. 30mph road descents have seen several downshifts just to keep moving forward. I have now began to swear and shout at the wind, like Rab C Nesbitt, and yes it doesn’t stop the wind but makes you feel better. I am bloody knackered though. I consider these challenges to be more mental training than physical. Don’t get that in a gym.

turboferret

Was quite pleasant for my 20km run into work this morning 🙂

A bit breezy and muddy but not too cold or damp.

I’m glad the rain/hail which was hammering the bedroom window last night had abated though, otherwise it may have been car weather 😮

Cheers, Rich

sandwicheater

Thought about it but knee giving me some jip so, will put it off until tomorrow.

Hats off to one and all who did.

Northwind

Weather’s pretty nice here but I couldn’t be arsed so I drove the 1.6 miles to work.

egb81
    Free Member

Only 6km but is was fuppin’ ridiculous. Speeding up the hills with a tail wind one second, the next grinding along at a snail’s pace.

scandal42
    Free Member

People actually ride on the roads with 60mph winds?

toby1

No bike commute now, so no, probably would have at my old job, but most of the route was traffic free, so low risk if you did get dumped off the bike.

TPTcruiser

Not too bad on the way to work in Sheffield which probably means the wind was mostly behind.
    Some hail stones pinged the helmet liner/ear cover and left a ringing sound for a few pedal strokes!

jimslade
    Free Member

Had to pedal down hill otherwise I’d have ground to a halt. Rain was fun, but warmer than yesterday’s ride.

dragon
    Free Member

Nicest day up here for a long time with blue skies and no wind. Although it was a bit slippy in places, so a bit of care was needed.

medoramas
    Free Member

It looked quite scary through the window this morning – with flying wheelie bins…

But the ride itself was surprisingly pleasant!

Torbay, via the seafront.

bimster29
    Free Member

Managed to ride in against the headwind from hell.

christhetall
    Free Member

Decided against the bike, so ran instead. I sweat so much I don’t really notice the rain anyway !

finbar
    Free Member

My ride in was nothing out of the ordinary for this year so far in Sheffield. Not sure if that’s a good thing or a bad thing…. 😕

amedias
    Free Member

bit windy down in Devon but I’ve ridden in worse…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 77 total)

The topic ‘Who rode in then today?’ is closed to new replies.