Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Who needs a lock ring to ride fixed…
  • WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I asked if it was necessary and everyone said I would be stupid to ride fixed without a lock ring. Then one person said try loctite and make sure you tell your wife you love her before you ride.

Weighing things up I decided to risk it, loctite on the hub and told the wife I loved her.

Riding up to the woods was fine with only one 'moment' when I stopped pedalling as I looked over my shoulder. I soon realised the I had to keep pedalling.

Got to the woods and started riding my normal trails. I had never realised how much time I normally don't pedal. I am not talking about the obvious stuff like free-wheeling down hills but the little pauses. As I was approaching a hazard I would try to stop pedalling to focus on it. As I approached corners I would try and raise the inside pedal to avoid pedal strikes. As I approached drops I would try and stand with the pedals level.

All of those things are not advisable when riding fixed. Also there were a few descents when the pedals were pushing me instead of me pushing them.

In summary, not that bad but all the 'moments' happened just before hazards, drops and fast corners which is not where you want them. I will update if everyone else's prediction comes true and I do die horribly.

thomthumb
    Free Member

what gearing you running?

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

34-18

rOcKeTdOg

sounds like an event in the making

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Back out to Lordswood tomorrow morning to see if I can do the bombhole without losing the pedals this time.

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

You'll earn your forum name soon.

saladdodger
    Free Member

are you not dead yet 😉

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Who needs a lock ring to ride fixed…’ is closed to new replies.