Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • who knew. Prepaying credit to a normal credit card….
  • trail_rat
    Free Member

in a sleepy state this morning paying off my expenses CC i managed to pay it all into my personal CC

the balance was ZERO and its now a positive balance and its even gone green instead of the red it goes when negative. to the tune of what i wanted to put on my expenses CC – never seen that before.

now i have to wait 2 days to start the reversal- and 2 days more to get it back in my account.

*tongue firmly in cheek* wonder if ill get them paying interest on it;)

jam-bo

My old egg money card paid interest on positive balances.

Quite useful to get advances prior to expensive trips.

theflatboy
    Free Member

depends on the T&Cs, but I don’t see why in theory there wouldn’t be a provision for paying interest. probably happens so rarely that a nominal amount of interest makes no difference to the business model.

wwaswas

Pre-Pay credit cards are a great way to limit your exposure to card fraud – you only put on the card what you want to be able to spend on a trip or whatever and it won’t allow anything beyond that.

trail_rat
    Free Member

aye flatboy but 0.002% or what ever – not the 17% they would love to be able to charge me if i let them 😉 if they did i think I and the rest of the UK would be using credit cards as savings vessels.

Woody
    Free Member

Its funny how there’s a time lag both ways when other a/c transfers are almost instant! Why 2 days when it’s your own money (I assume it was an electronic tfr?)

My accounts and cc are with same bank and I have a very low limit on the cc for security reasons, so when I’m going on holiday etc. I’ll lump in some cash to the cc from my current a/c. I can never understand why it takes 24 hours + to appear when I can send money for bike bits etc. to a stranger and it appears in their a/c almost instantly, even with a different bank.

Any bankers care to explain? Is it just another ploy to use customers money?

trail_rat
    Free Member

yeah i know woody.

nationwide just seem much better set up than bank of scotland

my expenses card is with them and when i pay nationwide account to my nationwide CC it appears instant.

likewise when i transfer from my Bank of scotland to nationwide or vs versa its instant.

my personal card is Bank of scotland and my personal CC is bank of scotland and it has the lag of forever.

Its like banking of the 1990s.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘who knew. Prepaying credit to a normal credit card….’ is closed to new replies.