Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Who is Ruaridh Cunningham riding for in 2012
  • RustyMac

So basically i picked him in my fantasy legue as he is Scottish and I thought he was getting back on some form after the national champs. However i cannot find if he has a ride for the 2012 season. Last years team of Maxxis/Rocky Mountain seems to have been disbanded and i can not find his name in any of the time sheets for the first world cup race in SA.

supertacky
    Free Member

Last I heard was in January and he was without contract since Rocky Mountian ceased racing in October. Might have a ride now though.

RustyMac

Hope he has a team lined up, I’m suprised he doesn’t have one already with last years results.

dm1672
    Free Member

Was told that he has had an op and on recovery time at the moment and the reason that team maxxis was disbanded was that they wanted to concentrate sponsorship for London 2012 as they will get more exposure for their money

t-p26
    Free Member

He has a ride, private deal, he will be doing World Cups. He missed SA because of injury recovery but The Gump, is riding this year!!

RustyMac

looks like the cat is fainally out the bag with who Ru is riding for

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/Ruaridh-Cunningham-Joins-Alpine-Bikes-Racing-2012.html

hope he does well this year

Shorty121
    Free Member

Yeah just about to say he’s riding for Alpine bikes

kayak23

Incidentally, can anyone tell me phonetically how his name is pronounced? Always ended up calling him Rhubarb….

RustyMac

roooooo rie

kayak23

Thanks 🙂

Not Rory then?

chickenman

English name Roy or Roderick becomes Ruairidh, Ruairi,or Ruaraidh in Gaellic (there are other technically incorrect spellings). This was soon anglasised to Rory for the hard of Gaellic.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Who is Ruaridh Cunningham riding for in 2012’ is closed to new replies.