Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)
  • who is out tonight? not poncey commuting!
  • oscillatewildly
    Free Member

🙂

who is daring to venture out in stuch terrible conditions for a night ride? mudfest, wetfest, coldfest 🙁 kinda excited – cant be assed with the mess afterwards though 🙁

rocketman
    Free Member

Tend to avoid Tuesday nights unless the conditions are very good. More of a Monday night man meself.

ollie
    Free Member

Me, I’ll be going straight after work to Llandegla. Should be nice and wet.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Was going for a spin tonight after work. Looks like we might miss the worst of the weather daaan saaaf till late tonight, which would be nice.

DezB
    Free Member

Commuting and going for a ride later. Although there is no nasty weather down here.

binners

This is the first time in years where the motivation to ride at night has just completely gone. I’d estimate for about the last 7-8 years I’ve been out at least once a week at night, minimum.

I’m looking out of the window now though and its absolutely pissing down. Again. Forecast is more of the same. Seems like it hasn’t stopped for months. I’m just sick of getting wet, cold and muddy. Plus the interesting local stuff will be virtually un-ridable it’ll be so boggy and slippy. Its just not remotely enjoyable.

The weird thing is that in winter I expect it so I’ll just ride anyway, to ‘earn’ your summer dry, dusty fun. But its reached the point where I just can’t be arsed with it any more. I’ve not seen dry dusty trails since just after Easter. Just more wheel-swallowing mud 🙁

Anyone else feeling like this too?

Diane
    Free Member

Me – but darkside – hopefully in decent weather.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Yeh but I’m only doing a 20 mile poncy commute.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Bust some ribs and torn my shoulder last Wed night 😥
    Already piled on half a stone due to enforced inactivity.
    Having ridden most Wed and Thur nights for the last few year…. this is now doing my head in.

This is part of my poncey 12km commute that I’ll be riding in the middle of the night.

It’s not all like that. I have to ride on a road for about 500m to cross the bridge in Bewdley, so it’s only about 11.5km off road.

crispo
    Free Member

Im meant to be out but Lancashire is looking particularly bleak today!

Was out on Sunday and most of it was already a bog so not sure how much of a good idea it is. 😕

Really need a low maintenanace winter bike…..

njee20
    Free Member

Bet it doesn’t look like that at the moment! Couldn’t be bothered with an off-road commute personally!

Sue_W
    Free Member

Planning on a 2-3 hour road ride … but suspect that might be considered to be in the ‘poncey commuting’ bracket 😉

Binners – start road riding! The roads dry quicker than the trails, no hours of post-ride cleaning required, and you still get the adrenalin buzz from blasting downhill. Some of us who road ride even smile, chat, and drink beer afterwards 🙂

Vortexracing

will be out tomorrow night, but poncy commuting today

chakaping
    Free Member

I’ll be out. Was out yesterday afternoon too and the going is good to firm down here. Perfect riding conditions in fact.

🙂

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

Ecky-Thump – Member
    Bust some ribs and torn my shoulder last Wed night
    Already piled on half a stone due to enforced inactivity.

Good work fella!

Planning on Monkeying around Cannock but will keep an eye on the weather…may cry off if it looks shite and have a local towpath pootle instead.

binners

Sue. I commute on the road bike. Did 30 miles yesterday but couldn’t face it this morning. As Crispo said Lancashire looks pretty bleak this morning.

I don’t mind taking the road bike to work, but using it for ‘pleasure’? I don’t know if i can make the mental leap. It’d feel like I was betraying my ‘proper’ bike

😀

flatpat
    Free Member

Tonight’s the night when the deriders of Bristol’s new trails are proved wrong. All perfectly rideable in the rain.

Will probably need to wash legs with the garden hose afterwards, mind.

RustySpanner

I’ve not seen dry dusty trails since just after Easter. Just more wheel-swallowing mud

Anyone else feeling like this too?

Binners, I feel your pain.

Split my time between Bury and Tod, have now developed gills.

We’ve had a week in Wales and a week in Scotland this year, both dry.
    Apart from that, it’s just been trudging through mud.

The ‘Hit the North’ trails in Prestwich have been a mess since Easter, never properly dried out all year – never seen this before.

It’s really starting to get me down and I’m dreading another cold, dark winter.

Kepp dragging myself out for a ride, but the constant need to clean and de clagg everything is starting to make me really fed up.

Time to break out the road bike, I think.

stevewhyte
    Free Member

I will be out on the road for 10 miles tonight keep the legs spinning.

Forks still getting repaired so wont get out on the MTB till Sat. 🙁

philconsequence
    Free Member

i will ride tonight and i will jolly well enjoy it.

BoardinBob

Went out last night. I’d have been drier if I’d fell into a swimming pool

IamSam
    Free Member

Yeap I’m playing out tonight.
    The weather in North Lancs doesn’t look too bad no rain little bit of wind and some cloud cover to keep the heat in.
    For some reason tend to ride more during the autumn and winter any-hows and pretty much always in the dark as well, guess you get out when you can. I mostly ride in the lakes where the trails are a lot less weather effected than other places which of course helps.

FUn FUN FUN

95% Off road commute + wet weather + Rohloff = 😀

shortcut

Yup. Lights and radios on charge. Heading out from home around 5.30 for a meet around 18 or 20 miles away. Then the ride for a couple of hours.

On leave this week!

DezB
    Free Member

Couldn’t be bothered with an off-road commute personally!

Would love to do my commute offroad – however it would take 2 hrs+, so I stick to the road. Now, if only I had a cross bike….

Stoner
    Free Member

have friends over for dinner tonight so no ride.

but all your poofy whining has just encouraged me to go out for a ride in the rain now instead 😛

Nothing is so often irretrievably missed as a daily opportunity. ~Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach

Daisy_Duke
    Free Member

I’ve my first road race tonight. Eek!!

clubber
    Free Member

er… I quite like wet rides 😳

I have an offroad commute but when it’s sloppy (now!) then I tend to ride my SS but that’s crap for doing the commute as it’s too slow. Hmmm might have to get the Swift (gears!) sloppy

Trimix
    Free Member

Out tonight for our usual Tuesday night ride.

votchy
    Free Member

I’m out tonight, hoping the wind keeps the rain off the flat and uninteresting bridleways of worcestershire 😀

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Club cyclocloss training tonight. Currently raining cats’n dogs in Gothenburg so looks like its going to be a wet 90 minutes.

peachos
    Free Member

lots of sensationalism on here. every ride since easter has been trudging through mud?! come on!! you’ve either been ridiculously unlucky or stupid or simply a bit deluded. i’ve ridden a lot all year, mainly north west, and have to say there have only been a couple of times when i have been truly soaked this year.

got a proper soaking in the lakes on sat. it was ace 8)

clubber
    Free Member

While it hasn’t been warm, I think we’ve had a great summer (SW England) for cycling in that it’s been very dry – or at least, the trails have been much drier than usual I reckon..

bikebouy
    Free Member

Do you know where I live? Nope? good, then yes I’ll be out tonight.
    “Fave Trial Tuesday” I call it, hahahaa
    The bikes are still muddy from last weeks bounce around Harrogate, hehehe..
    “walks off sniggering”

phiiiiil

Cannock Chase has been far drier for longer than it usually is; even the perpetually muddy twisty trails through the trees are bone dry and have been for ages. There’s a pond near the southern end that’s practically dried up it’s had so little rainfall in it.

That said, I drove in today because it was tipping down… 🙄 My excuse is that I’m winding down before Sunday’s Tour Ride thing.

Stoner
    Free Member

Im back!
    it’s damp, but mild out there.
    Annoying weather – not cold enough to wrap up, but windy and wet enough to get a soakin’ otherwise.

mojo5pro
    Free Member

Just got back in from a bit of a thrash round my local woods..bit dicey in places but survived intact. Rocks and roots are nice and slimey!!

hammerite
    Free Member

Will be heading over to Chicksands for an hour or so this evening regardless of what’s falling from the sky.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Going to do an hour loop in Sutton Park. As its wet I might take the Zaskar.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘who is out tonight? not poncey commuting!’ is closed to new replies.