• This topic has 69 replies, 44 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • Who is harder?
  • Firstly you don’t have to be a man to be gay, the term when used to describe homosexuality can refer to either sex.

This is where I start to get confused, especially when I hear mention of the “LGBT Community”, as if the L and the G are referring to two distinct genders.
    If wimmin can be either gay or lesbian, while men (and guinea pigs) can only be gay, that doesn’t sound fair to me.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Swans can be gay, too, you know.

djglover
    Free Member

Can someone gay be offended on my behalf, I can’t be bothered

muggomagic

If wimmin can be either gay or lesbian, while men (and guinea pigs) can only be gay, that doesn’t sound fair to me.

We’re all gay at the end of the day, can’t we just get on with playing football.

househusband

Swans can be gay, too, you know.

And so can pigs. More often than not, as a pig farmer showed me fifteen years ago…

kayak23

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPTXVqETBM4[/video]

Dobbo

Can someone gay be offended on my behalf, I can’t be bothered

Does bi-curious count?

sparkyrhino

What about Gay Byrne,He’s hard as fu”k.

DezB
    Free Member

This is roadies fighting. Dunno if they are gay, but i certainly wouldn’t mess with these ninja skills
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwKaeWkYbqk[/video]

can’t find any mtbers so they are probably too chicken to duke it out.

alex222
    Free Member

Yeah cyclists can’t fight. The one video people always show. Hinault however would kick Chuck Norris all the way back to worthless and weak ville. Hear we can see Hinault making protesting farmers cower.

Rorschach
    Free Member

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Samuel Sánchez whos riding in the Critérium du Dauphiné is riding with bruised ribs after crashing on stage one and he hasn’t retired hes carrying on, now thats hard. Also Hoogerland in last years TDF being run into by that French TV car and sent crashing into barrbed wire and finishing the stage and the Tour (I Think) thats hard.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

mjsmke – Member

A few of my colleagues who are also gay

So you’re a footballer?

skaifan
    Free Member

Kenny Belaey came second at a world championship cycle trial over the weekend. He rode the super final with a broken wrist and cracked elbow. That was on a 26″ wheeled bike.

JCL
    Free Member

Hinault however would kick Chuck Norris all the way back to worthless and weak ville.

Agreed. Hinault was/is tougher than a bus load of honey badgers. I’d almost rather go in the ring with an ‘in prime’ Tyson.

Which sport is harder? They’re as hard as each other. A tour rider would not believe the intensity of a WC XC race and I’m sure a lot of the top XC racers would have a gutfull after a few days of a tour. Absalon apparently measures better most road pros and I’m sure Kulharvy and Schurter are right up there.

It’s all relative suffering – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeWSyJ7ZPlg

samuri
    Free Member

Hear we can see Hinault making protesting farmers cower.

They’re dock workers. I appreciate that it being in France makes it hard to identify just who is striking at any one time but trust me. They broke a couple of his ribs in that fight and he still came third.

It’s roadies anyway, by far. Some of them demand to be put back on the bike while they’re having a heart attack, some of them get hit by cars into barbed wire and carry on, some of them break bones like collarbones, arms, hands, legs FFS and still carry on. That an MTBer or footballer would do these things would be laughable. It’s not because they’re any harder, just insaner.

Lemond crapped his pants during one race and carried on.
    Hinault there will fight everyone and anyone, still.
    Mercx would regularly need lifting off his bike at the end of a race, or he’d just crash and lie there.
    Anquitel shagged his own daughter and would drink a bottle of whisky a night, even during races.
    Bartali smuggled fake identity papers for Jews escaping the nazis during his training rides.

Here’s Anquitel and Merckx looking gay.

They’re still both harder than anyone reading this.

Lets finish with the Chuck Norris of cycling. Jens Voight.
    The guy ate mountains and crapped out little footballs for other people to play with.

alex222
    Free Member

Don’t forget King Kelly.

njee20
    Free Member

Jens Voigt +1

Are you surprised by this? This starts young, at school girls can wear trousers, skirts or summer dresses, but boys have to wear trousers! Sexism, plain and simple.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

A roadie is probably underhand enough to punch an MTB’er right in the car keys, but a good roadie will know that if they can take the punishment for a couple of rounds the MTB’er will give up and go back to the cafe for a faff and a flapjack.

Also fighting while wearing a camelback isn’t so easy.

hels
    Free Member

I’ll throw in Tinker Juarez to even up the odds for the MTBers. There are many stories, about training for 24 hour races by riding a turbo staring at a blank wall for 24 hours, using a concrete saddle etc, all true.

(Randomjeremy – do you like rugby players then ? Check out the yearly Stade de France team calendar, those boys know their target market)

swavis

a good roadie will know that if they can take the punishment for a couple of rounds the MTB’er will give up and go back to the cafe for a faff and a flapjack.

😆 😆 😆

hels
    Free Member

Surely all straight men are lesbians, if your definition is that they like sleeping with women ?

I have often wondered how one would classify (in my defence, I am a librarian, all must be classified) a man who has a sex change to a woman and sleeps with other women. Or sleeps with men, for that matter. (sorry this is getting well off track)

whatnobeer
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=in9SiDtJLaU[/video]

Matt Goss rode a good few stages of the Giro this year with a broken back 😯

lowhanger
    Free Member

Who is harder? Lance. No question about it.

Click for latest Triathalon news. Amazing.

Road Racing stuff of legends:
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRxGNttpaZA[/video]

Click for Mountain Bike god-like achievement.

Moderators, you can close this thread now, I believe this is the final word on this subject.

lazybike
    Free Member

On a serious note 😉 the “hardness” is in the person not the bike….. when Jens gets on his mtb does he suddenly become soft? Does Tinker start moaning as soon as he gets on the Road.

alex222
    Free Member

Lance 😆

Lifer
    Free Member

+1 Alex

He never raced Paris-Roubaix, how can he be hardest?

alex222
    Free Member

I admit he was good but his sole training was for le tour. Look at Merckx he held the track hour record. Won almost as many tours won the giro a number of times. Won Paris Roubaix among other classics. De Vlaenminck was not far behind. De Vlaeminck, Merckx and Kelly among others were far tougher than Lance. Plus Lance is an annoying Yank

Another tough guy Lemond

Coyote
    Free Member

Matt Goss rode a good few stages of the Giro this year with a broken back

Good that he has got a career after the untimely demise of Bros.

DezB
    Free Member

Does Tinker start moaning as soon as he gets on the Road.

Yes, I would think so.

Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)

The topic ‘Who is harder?’ is closed to new replies.