Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Who holds info on companies and allow you to pay to search throught that data?
  • strike
    Free Member

Been tasked with doing some research for potential new customers to targat, at work (for IT based work) and need to find out which companies hold data that you can pay to search through? I know there is Experian and wondered who else there is?

Need to search on turnover/sector and then get the names of decision makers/senior people AND their direct (ie named) email addresses.

Thanks-in-advance for any suggestions.

craigxxl
    Free Member

Try companies house but depends on the information you are requiring

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Dun & Bradstreet

PeterStarkiss
    Free Member
    Steelsreal

depends how detailed you want, but compnay check.co.uk offers free info, seems pretty accurate..

titusrider
    Free Member

can you go to a supplier of another product?

Ie as an IT consulting firm offering services for microsoft databases we tend to butter up microsoft to find out who they have sold a DB to.

that kind of thing an option?

(before anyone has a go, its like getting blood from a stone and needs long term relationships!)

oh and also find a relevant conference and sponsor/ run a competition to gather emails

strike
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies.

We’re (as an MS partner) trying to target users of a current IBM owned tool, in order to try and sell/migrate them to the MS equivalent. MS apparently do have some data but won’t give it to us, due to the data protection act……

konabunny
    Free Member

They used to be called “mailing list companies” – so if you wanted a list of finance officers at engineering companies in NE England, they’d search through the database and send you them. I don’t know what they call themselves now but I assume they still exist.

beinbhan
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Who holds info on companies and allow you to pay to search throught that data?’ is closed to new replies.