Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)
  • Who else is taking advantage of the good weather
  • Tracey

It was Abigales 16th birthday yesterday so we took advantage of the good weather, took the day of work, and went for a play at Wharncliffe. The sun was hot and the trails were dry and in good condition. A lot better than I expected with the rain we have had.

Some more here

http://s1133.photobucket.com/user/traceylawton1/library/Biking/Abigales%20Birthday%202014?sort=2&page=1

What have you been up to

Edit
    Cant figure out why the pics have done that

carlos
    Free Member

Well I’m hoping the Boss sticks to his “when I get back to the office, we’ll call it a day and enjoy a bit more of the long weekend” comment he made earlier. Bikes in the car ready for an after work ride anyway, so Happy Days.
    😀

bomberman
    Free Member

Nice! I’ve been working away all week so not had chance to get out. Went to greno woods a couple of weeks back, it was a mud fest. Not discovered Wharncliffe trails yet. Are they marked or do you have to know the area? If I can figure out where they are I might have a drive up tomorrow.

Tim

Tracey

Not marked but easy to find with a map

carlos
    Free Member

Woo Hoo, He’s just been on and told me to meet him at the Pub near the Forest, on my bike @ 15:00.

Suppose he’s not all that bad.

Always fancied Wharncliffe for a ride out, looks even better in sunshine

ir_bandito
    Free Member

monday evening: 2/2 hours clearing trails in local woods
    tuesday evening: 2 1/2 hours fettling the bike (new headset, bb and tyres, and serviced forks)
    wedneday evening: 2/ 1/2 hours combing newly fettled bike and newly cleared trails. 🙂

Tonight I’m riding 90km over to the Lakes to meet the family who’ve been there all week. Tomorrow and saturday will be doing big walks.

khani
    Free Member

Meeeee.. On nights this week so been out every day,
    Dry n dusty trails! I’d forgotten what they’re like 🙂

Mister-P
    Free Member

165 miles in 3 days on the road bike in the sunshine so far this week. I have avoided the temptation to remove the guards yet though.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

I was Edale way on Saturday, Cromford area on Sunday and because I enjoyed it so much I went back to Black Rocks and Crich Chase yesterday.

I will be going to Cannock tomorow, Dark Peaks on Saturday then probably Black Rocks, Crich Chase and Shining Cliff Woods on Monday.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Have some sympathy, I’ve had to cancel my weekend riding plans due to a “wee off” on Tuesday, my leg now has a scab which looks like someone spread jam all down it. That and the fact that 2 crashes in 10 days has broken the brakes on both my bikes. Am sad.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

Nice photos is Wharncliffe and Greno woods worth going out of the way for it will take me a similar sort of time to get there as it does to go Edale or Hope.

banks
    Free Member

I need to get to wharncliffe too. I’ve been out 12 days out of the past 14 🙂

Bazz

I did take advantage two and a half weeks ago, then during that ride i went over the bars and broke some/a rib(s), since then i can hardly move without being in pain and am feeling utterly miserable watching everyone else ride their bikes 🙁

ratherbeintobago

Went out this morning; there was what can only be described as a surprising lack of mud…

dpfr

Having been grounded for several beautiful days, I finally got out this cool and cloudy morning for a run south down the Goyt Valley. I particularly enjoyed the 3 km slog uphill into a stiff breeze- thank you weather Gods!

iainc

Round Arran on the CX bike yesterday, glorious.

MrNice
    Free Member

I have avoided the temptation to remove the guards yet though.

Me too. I’d like a dry weekend so they will be staying on for a few more days.

weeksy

I’ve put in more miles this month already than the last 6. In fact I’ve put more in in April than I did in Feb and MArch together.

All local stuff really, generic trails/paths/ridgeway… but I’m enjoying it all 🙂

grum
    Free Member

Not been so well and busy with work but I got out for an hour on Monday and will be out tomorrow morning. Trails are amazing at the moment.

Nice pics BTW. Never been to Wharncliffe/Greno – worth a 1 1/2 hour drive to get there?

Tracey

I always have a good time in Wharncliffe. Never get fed up of it. Only ever done Peatys DH in Greno woods so cant comment on that side

bomberman
    Free Member

Where’s the best place to park to get into wharncliffe? Can i use the FC carpark on woodhead road?

Tracey

Thats the one we always use

Drac

Been on nights all week so not been out at all that said I’ve not been out for moths.

Done some gardening this afternoon after I woke up and now tempted to pull the bike out of the garage and door a short spin.

scaled
    Free Member

Rode Sunday with the gf on her second MTB ride (2200ft 18 miles and rocks-a-plenty) – night rides were great Monday and Tuesday.

Today we’ve been down the park on the bikes, about 3 miles. Toddler now flaked on the sofa 😀

mindmap3
    Free Member

Explored the off piste stuff at Cannock last Sunday, rode Sandwell Tuesday night, CYB on Wednesday and Cannock off piste (even drier than last week) followed by a quick blast to up the Dog today on my birthday.

Hoping to squeeze in a cheeky trip to Hopwas tomorrow morning.

martinhutch

I was out yesterday and day before, so decided to use waste today trying to get two Schwalbe tyres mounted tubeless. Managed one with a lot of trickery, gave up on the other and put a speccy 2bliss on instead. Which went up first time… 👿

Anyone got a compressor handy in the Skipton area? 🙂

vondally
    Free Member

grand day out today 50 miles 6,500 ft climbing, saw first house martin as well
    been a good day

pictonroad

Yep, 100 miles on the road bike including mid ride refuel at the Brighton food festival. I may have glanced at all the lovely young ladies out in the sun as I was passing…

smogmonster

Wednesday was 30 miles and 4000ft of up around Swaledale, yesterday 3hours of blasting around Hamsterley, today 60 miles and 6500ft climbing over Greets Moss, Kidstones and Park Rash. Tomorrow a day back at Hamsterley with ProRideGuides on their flow course. Fricking awesome few days!

metalheart
    Free Member

Did a 249 road run…. (On the motorcycle). A quick tour around Perthshire

It was nippy out in the am (4 deg when I left) but it warmed up nicely.

Saw heaps of roadies out in shorts (mugs…). Looks like quite a few were on the etape route (I came from Aberfeldy over to Tummel Bridge to Pitlochry.)

Nice photos Tracey, kinda makes me want to dig out the mtb now….

h4muf
    Free Member

[url=https://flic.kr/p/ndx3GV]Ashover[/url] by h4muf, on Flickr

5th day in a row.

Did Crich Chase/Shining Cliff last night and Bow Woods/Black Rocks today fr0sty125…

Enduro

[url=https://flic.kr/p/ndwrCt]20140418_151236[/url] by davetheblade, on Flickr

Sweaty sunny selfie

[url=https://flic.kr/p/ndwPya]20140418_151330[/url] by davetheblade, on Flickr

Choices

[url=https://flic.kr/p/nbu3TU]20140418_151241[/url] by davetheblade, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/ndwwGr]20140418_151250[/url] by davetheblade, on Flickr

Looking towards Carsington

[url=https://flic.kr/p/ndwPjT]20140418_151306[/url] by davetheblade, on Flickr

Trig Point

[url=https://flic.kr/p/nbtQtn]20140418_151203[/url] by davetheblade, on Flickr

Vortexracing

yeah, I am

just building a shed 🙁

and had an 80 mile road ride yesterday in the bloody rain, and nasty northerly breeze, typical 🙄

Drac

Scrap that brakes need a full service not just new pads. 😥

MoreCashThanDash

Took the kids out for a trip along the Nutbrook Trail – laddo and I met the girls at Straws Bridge riding through the now treeless old coal screening yards, then LittleMissMC joined us for a 4 mile pootle up and down the Nutbrook before laddo and I returned home the same way. Reckon she will manage the full ride from Straws Bridge to Shipley café in the next few weeks, which is her stated target for the year (aged 7)

His first 10 mile ride this year and he tried to beast himself up the last couple of hills. Could barely stand when he got off his bike 😆

Northwind

Was going to go for a rare warm nonwindy pentlands ride. Decided to go to the beach instead! But at least I rode there and back, 30 lazy miles or thereabouts on the mighty boardman hybrid by the scenic route. And a win on the 2p falls! Perfect.

scotroutes

Yeah – I rode to the beach too. I set off late though as I knew the trails would be hoaching here in the UKs hotspot (16C today)

Northwind

No 2p falls though.

Drac

Yeah yeah rub it Scotroutes I should be there now enjoying a beer.

scotroutes

I’ll enjoy one for you Drac. Spey Stout do?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Who else is taking advantage of the good weather’ is closed to new replies.