Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Who are we using for brake pads these days?
  • IHN

I need to get some BB7 pads. Been a while since I bought any, so where are folks getting pads from these days?

leegee

Rahox, I’m very happy with mine.

Poopscoop

Uber pads here.

thepurist

Superstar, no issues since their early teething problems.

hambl90
    Free Member

Been using uber for a while know since superstar always seem to be out of shimano stock.

Northwind

Superstar have been out of stock of mine for ages, got some very cheap Clarks sintered ones which were fine but possibly a little bit crumbly, they seem to lose their leading edge quite easily so I’ve just got some disco kevlars to try. Seems a fair chance it’s literally the same pad as the SS kevlars, which were great.

bruneep

Uber race matrix

cloudnine
    Free Member

Uber race matrix

jekkyl
    dmck16
    Free Member

Uberbike, sintered. On both the MTB and CX bike.

They seem to do bank holiday discount codes, so usually stock up then.

poah
    Free Member

OE shimano organic for me.

andy4d

Been happily using discobrakes Kevlar for a few years now

snownrock

Wiggles lifeline pads are very cheap. Seem fine on my commuter with bb7

deadkenny
    Free Member

Superstar are just focusing on their own UK made components now. Brake pads and grips are no longer being restocked.

Anyway, it was Superstar Kevlar.

Interested in the discobrakes though if reckon they’re basically the same. Avid XO Trail would be same for Guide? Was always the case with SS (and having both XO Trail and Guide brakes, they worked in both). Oddly Uberbike list them as different.

nuke

SS Kevlar all the way but if they’re not selling anymore then not sure…probably have to try disco. Strange strategy of SS as thought pads were their bread & butter…i only check out the other products they sell when im buying new pads else i rarely bother browsing their site

1timmy1
    Free Member

Uberbike race matrix here too. But over last winter I kept going through them quickly (spring-summer its been fine); so I’ll go for uberbike sintered next winter. Their 4 pack with discount code means they are very good value for money.

MartynS

Uberbike pads here.
    Sintered are good. Race matrix better but don’t last me very long. Using Kevlar ones at the mo and seem to be lasting well.

I used clarks pads in the old bb7 I had.. they were good as well.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Uber.

White ones.

FOG

Disco or Gorilla have both been good for me

Del

disco

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Clarks organics are very good, and real cheap too. As said above, the guide ones are Avid X0 trail.

Paceman
    Free Member

SRAM Guide and Avid Elixirr XO Trail use the same pads, I use the Uberbike semi-metallic ones, they work perfectly in my Avid XO Trail brakes despite saying on the Uber webpage that they don’t work with twin piston calipers. Might try the Race matrix ones next if they’re working well for others.

Neb

Does anyone know what the rahox pads are like? Expensive, but if they are much better than uberbike pads I’d be interested.

mactheknife

I like the Rahox pads. Very little bed in time needed. I had to fit a set on a very rainy and cold ride and they worked instantly so the proof was in the pudding. Longetivity wise they have been very good on this, i cant note exact mileage / descents etc but mine seem to just keep going and going.

I am happy to pay the 17 euros as i like them and i know they work. I cant say the same for uberbike as i have had a few mares with them.

andybrad

Hope pads here

Squirrel

Been using Wiggle Essentials sintered for a while but they howl horribly when they’re hot.

sideshow
    Free Member

Which of the above are good for a budget equivalent to shimano pads with the cooling fins? I have been using the superstar system with kevlar to date but the resin is thinner as it has to leave room for the separate heatsink. Have tried other pad providers before and been unimpressed.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Who are we using for brake pads these days?’ is closed to new replies.