Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Whipstakes xc series
  • rollindoughnut
    Free Member

Just wanted to promote these guys.
    First race of the series today and they provided a fantastic course which was much more old school than some of the usual venues. It was nice to ride a course that didn’t favour any one type of bike/rider over the others; there were twisty, hard climbs that suited me on my 26″ hardtail, but there were also rough,flat sections that favoured the 29’ers and even more the FS bikes. I reckon a light 26″ FS would have been the bike of choice today. Included in the track were some descents that were loose and rough which tested skills well as well as some swoops through the bluebells.
    Overall the atmosphere was fantastic with lots of cheering as you came through the pits, the setting was gorgeous, the organisation was slick, and they had a brief prize-giving at the end with cash prizes.
    Hope this encourages some of you to attend as I want these guys to succeed.

Ladders
    Free Member

I’ll second that!

Although that climb at the start was a killer!

granny_ring

Any more info on the series or links ta?
    Did this series back in ’99 🙂

EDIT, found it.

crazy-legs

I did this series back in the day as well – great to see them back on the scene. It’s the same promotors as well. 🙂

I remember the very first Whipstakes Farm – barely more than a few dozen racers. By the time they stopped promoting it, it was because the series had outgrown the venue, there were 400+ racers turning up to each one!

granny_ring: have a look at their Facebook Page:
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/531758433506043/?fref=ts

granny_ring

I’d love to have another go but my fitness went on holiday ages ago and hasn’t come back….

Ladders
    Free Member
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Whipstakes xc series’ is closed to new replies.