Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Which recharge power pack mobile device type thing
  • slimjim78
    Free Member

I’d like one of those pebble power pack recharge type things (what are they actually called?!), so that I can maintain a full days usuage on an iPhone 5 (Prudential 100) and all day trianing rides.

Obviously lighter is best for cycling, any bargains to be had? what are you guys using?

CountZero

Anker. http://www.amazon.co.uk/13000mAh-Portable-External-smartphones-lightning/dp/B00BQ5KHJW
    I’ve got a 10,000mAh one, it was more expensive when I got mine. Excellent piece of kit.

slimjim78
    Free Member

cheers

Waderider
    Free Member

I use a Biologic Reecharge. Goes on my touring bike and in conjunction with a dynohub allows me to charge stuff by USB on the road – GPS, phone etc.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

i use a USB-WERK on a dynohub at the mo, it’s ok for topping up but want something like the Anker pack mentioned above to use in conjunction, charged opportunistically at power points while travelling, and via the USB-WERK when on long routes away from sockets.

crankboy
    Free Member

I have a power monkey it is enough to fully recharge a moto g . provides a handy backup when camping etc .

andyl
    Free Member

case with built in 2nd battery?

rogerthecat
    Free Member

I use a Powergen pack, I get 4 recharges of an iPhone 5s out of it if that helps.
    Super bit of kit and it helps when we are on site for long days with no access to main power.

Clickety

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

Power Monkey

Link to it online here

seosamh77
    Free Member

Why don’t they make phone covers from solar cells? would such a thing work in this country?

ryderredman
    Free Member

I love my Anker, I have the 10,000mAh one, its faultless, I use it to power a Raspberry Pi and 64 LEDs through the 2 USB ports 🙂

Don’t fall for the solar/battery combo ones, IME they’ve been absolute poppycock, Have a Powerbee one and it puts out all of 2mA

boriselbrus
    Free Member

As a slightly left field option if you get an Exposure light, you can get a cable which feeds from the smart port on the light to your phone to power it. I do road rides with a Toro on flashing mode connected to my phone. Enough power to run both for days.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Why don’t they make phone covers from solar cells? would such a thing work in this country?

They do, but solar needs a big surface area, so they’re not particularly useful.

I’ve got a Bushnell solar wrap. Takes a day in the sun to charge so it depends on what you’re looking for.

slimjim78
    Free Member

Great tips, thanks guys, lots for me to consider.

I do run an exposure Diablo so that’s a promising backup solution by the sounds of it

mikewsmith
    Free Member

from leftfield..
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/garmin-edge-200-cycle-gps/rp-prod70873
    Garmin 200 is currently £88 on CRC. It will last all day for logging/monitoring etc and so will your phone.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Which recharge power pack mobile device type thing’ is closed to new replies.