Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Which pressure washer? Replacing a broken Karcher…….
  • RustySpanner

Karcher K2 packed up today, cracked pump head by the look of it.
    A common fault, apparently.
    Luckily we took out extended cover (had a feeling this might happen), so we can get a refund or a replacement.

Nilfisk, Bosch & Makita all seem to get good reviews.
    Hozelock and MacAllister less so.

We could just get a replacement Karcher, pay another 20 quid for the warranty and get a new one when it breaks again next year, but I’d rather not.

Anyone have any recommendations, 200 quid-ish?

Thanks in advance.

bearnecessities

As is the STW way of recommending what you own, Nilfisk here.

However, that is after a fair amount of research of which the positive reviews appear to be not misplaced. 3 years on and a fair amount of use and still doing the job as well as day one.

RustySpanner

Which model did you go for bearnecessities?

bearnecessities

Damned you; you’ve made me put my pants on to check.

It’s this one. The patio scrubber attachment is a joke; otherwise it’s a top notch piece of kit.

http://www.screwfix.com/p/nilfisk-c120-3-6-120bar-pressure-washer-with-trolley-230v/56192

Kato

I have a Nilfisk too

this one

It’s ace, well pleased with it

Kato

Nilfisk’s have metal pumps too, the cheaper Karcher’s are plastic

cloudnine
    Free Member

+1 nilfisk

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I had a Karcher that did the same thing, wouldn’t have another. On a Bosch now which has been ok.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Boo, why did you have to go & put a cap on the price?
    Kranzle FTW

nealglover
    Free Member

Kranzle K10.

The professionals choice 😉

trail_rat
    Free Member

Got a 150 quid bosch .

Its crap

The 75 quid karcher i bought my dad pisses all over it.

Wouldnt recomend.

cruzcampo
    Free Member

Nilfisk C120 here, going well after 3 years of use 😀

RustySpanner

So, Nilfisk then. 😀

So, go for the C120 or push the boat out and get the E130/140?
    Hmmmm.

Anyone know what the differences between the E130 and E140 are?

Seem to be a very slight power increase on the 140, but not much else.

stox
    Free Member

Nilfisk c120 here … Can’t imagine I’d need anything more from a PW to be honest. Quite a compact little unit.
    Saying that, the stock hose isn’t great – it has a life of its own so I do plan to change that for a sturdier, longer hose (costs about £30 I think).

I don’t think the nilfisk machines with the hose reel are much better from what I’ve read

thatscold
    Free Member

The cheap karchers are worth avoiding, I had one, it broke in the same way yours did. I replaced it with a metal pumped Karcher k5 series which has being going strong for years. Buy cheap, buy twice I’m afraid.

ptrockymountain
    Free Member

Had 3 karchers over a 5 year period, got so p—–d off with them I went out and bought a SIP petrol one.
    Had it nearly six years its 170 bar an is a fantastic bit of kit think I paid 300 quid for it.

chewkw
    Free Member

ptrockymountain – Member

… bought a SIP petrol one.

Good call.

I like manly PW. Never use a petrol one so might get one next time.

I think my mate, who used to own a petrol station many years ago, used to eat PW every few months because of his car washing business. He ended up with a Chinese made PW because it was cheaper to replace.

😀

andyl
    Free Member

I was looking for a 200bar petrol PW the other week but ended up putting off the experiment. Costco do a SIP 5hp 170 bar one for just over £300 but I have my eye on the 250bar 13hp one for £700.

tbh our little Karcher has been pretty good for general duties but we don’t use it for long periods. Was looking at the K4 and K5 in Costco and the Stihl ones in the local agri store.

RustySpanner

Thanks for all the advice folks.

Have ordered a Nilfisk E120 from CleanStore.
    £139.99.
    Linky.

Has the quieter and more reliable induction motor and comes with all the toys.

Has recently been replaced by the C130 with the cheaper motor, but fancied one of the supposedly more durable ‘E’ models.
    Fingers crossed.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Which pressure washer? Replacing a broken Karcher…….’ is closed to new replies.