Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Which plaster? Decorating when I should be riding content
  • bigyim
    Free Member

Ive stripped off my wallpaper and a load of loose plaster seems to have come off too.
    Now im left with about 10 holes, most are only about 2mm deep and 2 are about 10mm.
    So the question is if i want to skim the wall can i do it with one skim or will I need to patch the holes first? And what sort of plaster would you use

andyl
    Free Member

just use a decent filler and sand smooth. Unless you have properly knackered the wall. Are you using a steamer to remove the paper? They can be quite damaging to plaster if held on for too long.

noltae
    Free Member

Gyproc Easi-Fill . .

Vader
    Free Member

Gtec Smartmix we use professionally. Great product very easy to use.

leffeboy

Patch, let dry, then skim is easiest

bigyim
    Free Member

Andyl the walls pretty shot but i take no responsibility. Its only the one wall that seems to have more patches than a pirate ship. Just need to skim and repaint that one wall i hope

bones
    Free Member

Patch the holes first or the plaster may sag. Skim with a finish plaster such as British Gypsum Thistle Multi Finish. You may want to do a pva wash just before skimming.

singlesman
    Free Member

Wet, then use carlite bonding in the deeper holes. If you can plaster then skim the wall with uni- finish, ( no need for pva). Just let the first coat pull in a bit longer than you would normally with multi- finish before second coating. It’s much better over mixed suction/ painted backgrounds.
    If you can’t plaster then as above, just easifill over the patches then rub down. ( still use bonding in the deeper ones).

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Which plaster? Decorating when I should be riding content’ is closed to new replies.